Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 05:01 PM

38 posts, read 109,936 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry....I posted this as a "reply" to the person looking for a groomer, but the more I thought of it, I thought it might it's own thread. So, I am posting againg in it's own thred.
Sorry for repeating.

I am thinking of opening up a kennel/grooming shop. I would be a distance outside of Lexington tho, more around the Irving/Beattyville area. I am from the North East and don't know the area well, but it looks to be about an hours drive from Lexington. I would not expect anyone from Lexington to drive to my place, but I am wondering how far people think they would be willing to travel to utilize a modest kennel/groomer if they really like them? I am not looking to open an incredibly fancy, high class place, but a simple place with lots of TLC, excellent care and a "family" atmosphere. I am hoping to recreate a "home" type of place so that the animals will feel more comfortable feeling as if they are visiting friends and the like, rather than being kenneled or groomed in an "assembly line" type business that seems to be more business than "home/friendly" place.

I am looking at larger pieces of property....around 20 to 40 acres and I have found one in Beattyville that I like so I'll need to be fairly rural. Does anyone have a feeling for how far they might want to drive should they find a place that they really like? Is it likely that if people like my place and the care that I give, they will be willing to drive 30 minutes or so from Irving or other towns around Beattyville?

Thanks so much for your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 09:03 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,268,269 times
We would, we have two dogs a Golden and a Boxer mix. When my wife was in labor we put them in Pet Suites in Hamburg for two nights and it cost a little over $60 a day for the both of them. My wife says I am cheap but even to me that seems some what high. We brought our own food and they walked them twice a day I think.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:21 PM

38 posts, read 109,936 times
Yikes!! I can't see charging that much for two dogs. My business plan offers better care, I it seems for about half that price. Sorry you had to deal with that while you and your wife were worrying about the delivery of your child. I'll keep researching. I am looking at a nice historical spot near Beattyville and the Daniel Boone Natl Park, but don't know for sure yet.

Thanks for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area