Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:17 PM

9 posts, read 33,683 times

Advertisements

I would like to know about all good areas in or near lexington,ky.?

I would like to know about all good areas in or near lexington,ky.?
Leestown Division
2250 Leestown Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40511 my husband will be employed here if we move its the veteran medical center. I would like to know about the area close to there. Are there good schools,areas to avoid, pet friendly places, whats there to do for young kids 6to3. What kinds of family things are there to do? Are there any great mom and pop places to eat. How is tornado season. Do most home have a basement or cellar to go to for tornado's or is there a community shared one. whats the season like does spring and winter run long or is it fairly even between the 4 season. What is the cost to buy a home with about 5 acers of land. Whats rent like for the average joe. I am look for someone who leaves there or has stayed there for a long period of time. to answer these i have look at all the internet sights i could but it not the same as what people have experianced. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 02:18 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Leestown Rd is nice outside of New Circle, inside though it's among the rougher areas of Lex. The school districts are pretty rough so if you moved there you would want to look at magnet or private schools

Old 09-06-2009, 11:07 PM

oh thanks for the warning! What about the smaller towns out that way about 20 to 45 mins away of if longer. We would like to live on that side because of his job he doesn't mind a long drive but i do so i would like to live in the area closer to his job and not have him driving across lexington to get to work so the towns out side of lex but on that side of lex might be worth looking at. Same questions apply to versellies,midway,gerogetown but i know its a bit far from what times im looking at lawrenceburg too its a way far away mabey! thanks for the infromation

Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,636 times
You should consider Lexington The school system is going to better than the smaller surrounding towns. Masterson Station is a huge subdivision out that way. There is a new elementary school and I've heard positive things about. Middle and High school for that area are not good though. Harrodsburg Rd area would be a short drive and puts you in a better k-12 district.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:59 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
What kind of price range & house are you looking for? That will narrow down the responses you get to something that will be useful to you. Masterson Station is nice. I would avoid a lot of the newer neighborhoods out Gerogetown Rd. I don't think they will age well. If you are considering out of Lex, try Georgetown or Frankfort. Both are easy drives to Leestown Road.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:05 PM

well we are looking for a 4bed 2 bath or 2 1/2 bath home. Mature trees,some land about 4 acres but neighbors in sight but with in a short driving distance of town not hours nice quite areas kinda out of the way.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Our price range is 190,000 to 225,000. We are looking for a mature lot with some land 4acers. 4bd 2to2 1/2 bths,. out of the way kinda place but still close enought to barrow sugar if you have too. something with in driving distance but not hours away. a celler/basement would be a plus. Are a lot of home equiped with cellers/basements or is it a community thing or designated areas to go and how much would that cost to have one put in on the property.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:38 PM

1,714 posts, read 6,055,527 times
Basements are very common - I would say there are probably more houses WITH, than without, basements.

4 acres is an awfully tall order on your budget. Frankly, I don't see it happening. You're looking for land in Woodford or Bourbon Counties - some of the highest-priced farmland in the whole bluegrass area. Good luck. Maybe you can find something... maybe Lexpert can steer you to something... or maybe you could moderate your acreage requirements.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:36 AM

969 posts, read 2,820,359 times
I looked on LBAR for houses in Fayette, Scott, Woodford, Franklin and Anderson that are 4 bedrooms and have 3-8 acres in your price range. There were 7 listings. I then looked for a lot size of 1 to 3 acres and found 13. Sorry to tell you this, but you may have a hard time getting that much land in these counties. Land gets a little cheaper in Northern Scott County, Mercer, Boyle, Anderson, & Garrard counties.

If you are going to look in Madison County, use The Lexington Bluegrass Multiple Listing Service and Madison County Board of REALTORS® Madison county is served by 2 real estate associations. For searches in other counties, I would use Real Estate Listings, Homes for Sale and Rental Property Listings – REALTOR.com®. In smaller towns, sometimes there are real estate companies that are not a part of a local association, so their listings don't get on those sites. Most agents pay the $50 a year it costs to be a part of the NAR (National Association of Realtors) and put their listings on that site.

Let me know if you need any tips or advice for Fayette and the counties right around it. I don't know know enough beyond those areas to be useful, but may be able to point you to somebody who does!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:57 AM

Well like i said we will have a little more cause we are not moving for atleast another year. and land is cheaper out that way than it is here you will pay like 500,000 or more for a couple of acers like 2 to 4 here. The lot does not have to be cleared either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area