Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM

141 posts, read 545,247 times

Advertisements

Hi! Well, we recently moved to Lexington this summer, got married in the fall, and now I'm 11 weeks pregnant! it's been quite a year! Anyone have any recommendations for a good, clean, safe, day care in town? We live south off Nicholasville,, I work near St. Joeseph, and my husband works my St. Joe East, so it could be near any of those places. I know it's still really early, but i know a lot of day cares have mult month long wait lists, so thought I start thinking about it now! This will be our first child!

I'll probably have to go to work after 8 weeks so we'd need a day care that takes newborns. Or if anyone knows of some other option for childcare... Any advice would be MUCH appreciated!! I have NO idea what I'm getting into! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 11:33 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,581 times
Yes, you or your husband take an extended leave of absence or someone go part time on weekends. If you have to work that hard to maintain your lifestyles & to pay bills, then downsize & re-prioritize your lives.

You're not gonna want to put your 8 week old newborn in the care of people you dont know. Trust me. Even if you did, you shouldn't. That's a time with your child you'll never get back. They need it for bonding anyway.

I personally wouldnt put our kid in any sort of daycare until they're over 2 years old unless I was a single parent & had no other alternative.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:03 PM

218 posts, read 636,921 times
I don't usually agree with KerryB but I have to go with him on this one.

When you let someone else raise your kids you end up with other people's kids. You can raise children on a single income if you do it right. I have.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:01 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,486,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartomanlex View Post
I don't usually agree with KerryB but I have to go with him on this one.
I tend to serve up hard medicine that people usually don't want to hear.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:19 PM

Thanks for your opinions..but does anyone actually have any information on daycare's in Lexington?

Since no one knows or understand our situation, i'd appreciate it if yo would 't judge. I wasn't asking for your opinion on IF I should use a daycare, just asking around about good trustworthy daycare's in town. I know there are people out there who use them and who are happy with them...if any of you read this, your information would be very helpful.

Thank you....

Old 02-10-2010, 09:02 PM

102 posts, read 295,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
You're not gonna want to put your 8 week old newborn in the care of people you dont know. Trust me. Even if you did, you shouldn't. That's a time with your child you'll never get back. They need it for bonding anyway..
Just an ignorant comment.

You don't need to bond with a child 24/7. And plus, 8 weeks is 2 months of bonding until day care.

The fact is that a 2 month old won't have any stranger anxiety so he/she will do fine with whoever he/she is with.

I'm pretty Kids R Kids will take kids starting at 6 weeks, but maybe it's 3 months. Not sure.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:37 PM

Default Kids r Kids?

BUMP...

Anyone have any experience with Kids r Kids or Kindercare here in Lexington? Any experience would be appreciated, but specifically for infants would be especially helpful! Found out they do take infants from 6 weeks...

Old 02-15-2010, 04:43 PM

102 posts, read 295,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx2ky View Post
BUMP...
Anyone have any experience with Kids r Kids or Kindercare here in Lexington? Any experience would be appreciated, but specifically for infants would be especially helpful! Found out they do take infants from 6 weeks...
Have used Kids R Kids for part time daycare for a 3 month old. No issues.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM

28 posts, read 77,559 times
I have 3 children and we never could find anything that met our expectations when they were that age. I can honestly say, however that now there is a fantastic facility called A Baby Educational Center. I am good friend with the owner and let me tell you this place is clean, organized, and very structured. The lady who runs this is a Steve Jobs type, never sleeps always thinking about keeping the teachers there well informed and ready to teach the next years lessons. If she had been open 13 years ago it would have been no competition. They are on Eureka Springs in a very modern building. Good Luck!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 AM

7 posts, read 29,631 times
I don't know if you are still looking, but there is a small church daycare on Clays Mill, Lafayette Christian. My son was there from 12 weeks to 5 years and it was really good for him. They don't have the "newest" or most amazing facilities...but the people were what made it special. There was not a doubt in my mind that they loved my son and he was treated as such while he was there. Best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area