Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:26 AM

458 posts, read 2,289,513 times

Advertisements

Our family is officially in love with Lexington. We want to live in the city and love the influence of UK, the unbelievable horse farms, the beauty of the KY Horse Park and Keeneland in the AM when they exercise the horses. The real estate is all within reach of a modest budget that will allow us to spend our money on other things like travel!

What a beautiful place. We are home now and are making the hard decisions about what to do to prepare our house here for sale and wondering how long a transition it will be for us.

Thanks for everyone's input.

As we have more questions, I will be posting more!

Micah Girl soon to be Micah Girl of Lexington, KY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 06:33 AM

891 posts, read 3,051,916 times
So glad you like it! Did you get to go to the farmer's market? Even if you aren't looking for produce it is quite fun.
Just wait until the October meet at Keeneland. It is so much fun. We like to think of the program as math for our son

Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,868,899 times
Micah Girl, I am so happy for you. I wish we had gone to Keeneland. Tell me what neighborhoods you liked the best. In what ways did you see the Univ impacting on the city?

While we liked Lexington, we are not as sure as you are. Still undecided. We want to check out a few more places (Charleston, Wilmington, NC, Athens, GA) before we make our decision.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:28 AM

Did you go to the library? That was probably our favorite place in Lexington.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 AM

53 posts, read 192,814 times
Micah Girl - I'm so glad you loved Lexington! We are going back in late June for our second look. (we were there very briefly last November) I'm curious as to which neighborhoods you liked. When we were there last fall, we concentrated on the Veterans Park 40515 area. But I've been reading here in this forum about many other neighborhoods that sound very promising. Which were your favorites? I'm getting excited - can't wait to go back!!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:29 AM

88 posts, read 383,337 times
I feel sorry for you. You should check out Louisville instead.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:33 AM

You sound like a peach. Don't waste your energy feeling sorry for her. In my opinion, Lexington was overall a nicer place. To each his own.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:46 AM

688 posts, read 3,037,740 times
Glad you liked it! Were you able to narrow down your housing choices yet? Or do you still have some time?

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 AM

88 posts, read 383,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
You sound like a peach. Don't waste your energy feeling sorry for her. In my opinion, Lexington was overall a nicer place. To each his own.
I personally like Louisville better. I live between Lou. and Lex. (closer to Lex.,) but Louisville has so much more in terms of the arts, culture, entertainment, nightlife, recreation (including urban hiking and backpacking.) The road system is much easier to navigate and can handle much larger volumes of traffic; Lexington's road system was last adequate when Henry Clay built his Ashland Estate in the early 1800s. The people are somewhat friendly in Lou. (which is much better than what can be said about Lexington.)

Again, to each their own. I actually hope you like Lexington and Kentucky. I at least appreciate its surrounding countryside.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:43 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,732,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah Girl View Post
Our family is officially in love with Lexington. We want to live in the city and love the influence of UK, the unbelievable horse farms, the beauty of the KY Horse Park and Keeneland in the AM when they exercise the horses. The real estate is all within reach of a modest budget that will allow us to spend our money on other things like travel!

What a beautiful place. We are home now and are making the hard decisions about what to do to prepare our house here for sale and wondering how long a transition it will be for us.

Thanks for everyone's input.

As we have more questions, I will be posting more!

Micah Girl soon to be Micah Girl of Lexington, KY
Lexington is small enough....no need to look in a "suburban type" area. Live right there near downtown! It's a nice clean, safe town. It is pretty dead right now since the students are gone. I think you can see tumbleweeds in the street lol. But when they get back, the town has a surpringly nice little vibe to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area