U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area
 [Register]
Lexington area Fayette County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 PM

2 posts, read 7,944 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are new to Lexington and just found out we are expecting our second child. I LOVED the OB that I had for my first pregnancy and he came highly recommended by tons of people that I knew. I am struggling with the thought of finding an OB without the network of personal referrals that I had before. My first experience was so personal and positive, and I'm hoping to find a physician who can offer the same in Lexington.

Everyone on here seems so helpful, I am REALLY hoping that you all can point me in the right direction by sharing who you think or have heard is a good OB in Lexington.

THANK YOU in advance for any direction you can offer!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM

822 posts, read 2,741,196 times
I just went into my angies list and the following were highly rated:

Dr. Randal Owen (all "A's" - called caring and nice, 3 reports);
Dr. John Looff (3 reports, "A" overall but "B" for bedside manner?)
Dr. Jeanne Onan (2 reports, all "A's")

lots of others ...

avoid Sims and Beiting.

I hate to say this, but I can't recommend Lexington Clinic as a whole. We were using them as a network for all of our health care needs (thus, we've been to a dozen LC doctors) and ... let me just say we are much happier having switched to UK.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:10 PM

891 posts, read 2,815,616 times
Lexington Women's Health is the group that Jeanne O'Nan is with. There are 4 female OB/Gyn's and 3 certified midwives. Anyone in the group is great!
Lexington Womens Health

Old 04-16-2010, 12:42 PM

1,714 posts, read 5,568,662 times
If Dr. Olson Parrott is still practicing, he's wonderful. He was with Randall Owen and another guy - Dr. Parrott is hilarious - very high energy. Dr. Owen is more of a warm person.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 AM

822 posts, read 2,741,196 times
I think Parrott is still practicing - I always run into his name when I am googling the phone number for my daughter's pediatrician "Mark" Parrott.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:09 AM

7 posts, read 27,515 times
Dr. Jennifer Fuson, 859-264-8811

She was FABULOUS when I had my son!!

Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 AM

2 posts, read 7,944 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks so much to those who have responded so far...I really appreciate it! If anyone else reading this has had good experiences with any of the physicians listed or any that have not been mentioned so far, PLEASE feel free to chime in! THANKS again!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM

688 posts, read 2,820,431 times
Dr O'Nan is FABULOUS! She has helped me through two pregnancies and I absolutely love her. She is in the practice at Lexington Women's Health (the same as Dr Fuson, Cunningham, and McKenzie (who is new to the area): Lexington Womens Health

Like the PP said, they also have three midwives on staff.

I had several complications during my pregnancies, and Dr O'Nan was amazing. She is very friendly, upbeat and encouraging, yet experienced and clinical enough that I highly trusted her opinion. She even made several personal phone calls to us when an issue came up with my previous pregnancy. She takes plenty of time to answer your questions and goes out of her way to make your experience very personal.

As a bonus, I know Dr. O'Nan will deliver at either Central Baptist or St. Joseph East hospital, so you have a choice between the two main childbirth hospitals in Lexington (their practice office is located at Central Baptist but she just delivered my son at the brand new St. Joe East maternity center).

Old 04-26-2010, 08:43 PM

141 posts, read 495,764 times
Default Dr O'Nan

Ditto on Dr. O'Nan! I am currently 5 months preggo with my first and she is my OB...and we LOVE her! I also just moved to town about 4-5 months before I got pregnant so she was new to us too. But I highly recommend her. You do sometimes have to wait a while to see her (sometimes I don't see her till over an hour after my apt time) BUT....it's totally worth it because when yo do see her, she's not rushing you or hurrying in any way. She will stay and talk and answer all your questions and make you feel like it's YOUR time, not like she's rushing out the door. Also good what PP said- she will deliver at CB or St Joe East, we are delivering at SJE because of the brand new women's center that's supposed to be amazing!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:34 PM

177 posts, read 481,194 times
Default Recommendation

I love my ob/gyn doctor

it is a woman who is smart, compassionate and understanding

her name is dr. Parker and you can reach her at the

university of ky clinic

i hope you like her, too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Lexington area