Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM

5 posts, read 11,930 times

Advertisements

Occupancy at Block 2 is up sharply from a year ago when I moved here, at above 90% capacity. With 150 units Block 2 provides a large number of entry-level professionals like me a chance at down-town living. We also have many students, some military, and the occasional bohemian. Families with children are under-represented, despite the thriving charter school just over the way. Oh, and pets are welcome at Block 2 as well. We're definitely ecclectic here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2011, 04:29 AM

19 posts, read 31,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inner Eye View Post
When I announced I was taking a job and moving to downtown Little Rock, a friend elsewhere in the state burst into tears -- literally! "Don't do that!"

Little Rock has a history of crime. But much of the reputation is exagerated. I have lived in the heart of downtown (at the corner of Markham and Main) for more than a year. I've enjoyed the people and the place and have no plans to move from the area, though I may change to another loft. I encourage you to explore the area from East Markham/Clinton Avenue to East 3rd St between Main St and Rock St. Check out 300 East 3rd at the corner of Cumberland and East 3rd. I Wish I could afford to live there!

As an indication of how things are changing downtown, the complex where I live (Block 2 Lofts) is currently at 92% capacity -- a record for this property. Loft and condo buildings are filling up in this area. Come and find out why!

BTW, I recommend a visit to the Capital Hotel Bar and Grill when you do tour downtown. The Capital is on Markham between Main and Louisiana. For good food, good service, and good atmosphere there's nothing better in town than the Capital Bar and Grill! Live music on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
can you pm me some of the names of the lofts or companies that rent these? where you live sounds great and I'm moving to the area soon. thanks!

edit: any besides block2 i meant

Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 PM

697 posts, read 1,774,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHole View Post
can you pm me some of the names of the lofts or companies that rent these? where you live sounds great and I'm moving to the area soon. thanks!

edit: any besides block2 i meant
Downtown lofts are somewhat limited right now, but there are a few options. Block 2 is the largest complex and the management is nice, but they're nothing special and the prices are a bit steep for what you get (in my opinion), but they do fit the urban/industrial loft niche very well. K Lofts on Main Street are theoretically supposed to open later this year and have a lot of potential to be very nice and a decent value, but I have a feeling they won't be open in time for you to move there, at least not when you first get to the area. Rock Street Lofts and Tuf Nut Lofts are in the River Market district next to some very nice high end condo buildings and are within walking distance to a lot of entertainment, dining, etc. and you might want to look into them:

Tuf Nut Lofts: River Market Lofts | Downtown Little Rock
Rock Street Lofts: Rock Street Loft Apartments

Directly across the river from the River Market and downtown Little Rock is the Enclave, a relatively new apartment complex with indoor parking right next to the Junction Bridge pedestrian bridge so you can walk to downtown/river market whenever you want. I have a couple friends that live there and seem to like it. The Enclave at the Riverfront

300 3rd and River Market tower are pretty high-end condo buildings, but with the economy the way it's been and with relatively high vacancy rates at River Market tower, I've heard of units in both buildings being available to lease from time to time. These buildings are fantastic, but I imagine the lease wouldn't be cheap.
River Market Tower: River Market Tower Condos | Little Rock, Arkansas | Moses Tucker
300 3rd Tower: 300 THIRD TOWER

Craigslist is also your friend; you'll often find listings for downtown units on there that are in smaller buildings or private properties that you won't find elsewhere: little rock apts/housing for rent classifieds "downtown" - craigslist

Good luck with your search!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:56 PM

19 posts, read 31,690 times
wow thanks for the nice reply, this will be helpful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area