Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:47 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,676,952 times

Advertisements

There was a guy at the LR bus station trying to sell me some electric hair clippers he found in a dumpster. He said they still worked fine. After I turned down the clippers he tried to sell me a tigers eye. I had no idea what a tigers eye was at the time but I was telling the story to an older guy once and he said it was something that was popular back in the 70's. Then he just asked me for a dollar, I would probably give him a dollar now but I'm a lot nicer than I was when I was at 18.
A cop was setting on the floor against the wall with his cap over his face snoring the whole time, maybe he was just a security gaurd with a gun I'm not positive. This was really early in the morning, maybe 2 or 3am.
The whole thing was pretty hilarious to me.
If you want to meet some characters ride the greyhound.

Old 10-15-2011, 07:58 AM

973 posts, read 1,699,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
You've never lived in a major metropolitan city, have you? This is not uncommon in the "big city" - all over the world.

All over the world?? Just wondering how you know this, for I have traveled to many European cities and this has never happened to me and in fact, I feel totally safe in them, but not here at all where life seems more meaningless and people own guns.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:53 AM

26,273 posts, read 8,376,450 times
As the above poster, I have been on holiday many times in Europe, and elsewhere.
The only place I have ever been and had this sort of aggressive begging is the USA.
Sorry to say it, because I enjoy visiting America.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
As the above poster, I have been on holiday many times in Europe, and elsewhere.
The only place I have ever been and had this sort of aggressive begging is the USA.
Sorry to say it, because I enjoy visiting America.
And for me Belgrade with the gypsies... But at least with them, not afraid for my life.

Old 10-15-2011, 11:24 AM

3,391 posts, read 7,128,329 times
Folks, you are entitled to your opinions, as am I. But this thread is specifically about panhandlers in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas, not gun control, the meaning of life, or gypsies in Belgrade. This is the local Little Rock relocation forum. Please limit your comments to the thread topic. Thanks.

Old 10-15-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Folks, you are entitled to your opinions, as am I. But this thread is specifically about panhandlers in downtown Little Rock, Arkansas, not gun control, the meaning of life, or gypsies in Belgrade. This is the local Little Rock relocation forum. Please limit your comments to the thread topic. Thanks.

Aha, ok, sorry. But to be honest, I didn't think it was just about panhandling, but that leading to crime maybe as the OP sounded afraid, and ususally panhandling doesn't cause fear. So... will stop as I apparently don't know what I am talking about!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area