Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:01 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,083 times

Advertisements

I am interested in finding out more information about Saline County. I am interested because the other day at the bank that I work at, I had some narcotic officers in and they were saying that Saline County is "the meth capital of Arkansas" I was wondering if this was true or if it was just their opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 04:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I am not sure if its the meth capital of Arkansas. I always thought that was Texarkana. Saline county is very suburban and exurban. It is one of the fastest growing counties in the state with similar growth as what is happening in NWA. I read an article not long ago that there is such a boom there that the housing prices have actually continued to rise. Most people there commute to work in Little Rock.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times
Paragould used to be able to proudly make that claim. Rock103 in Memphis even backed this "fact" up, once. Maybe it's been surpassed in recent years.
Saline county, while not my favorite place, isn't the worst for such things. Some activity of that sort does go on there, sadly.
Funny how every place with a meth problem thinks it's the worst. Okay. Not so funny, but you know what I mean.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:12 PM

38 posts, read 197,714 times
A whole lot of the county is outside any city limits. I believe meth production and use is typically heavier in these areas.

For all I know, though, it may be rampant in the various city limits. However, the crime rate is very, very low in Bryant, Benton, and Alexander, the chief towns in Saline County.

My family lives in Bryant and it is a great place to raise kids.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I find that claim very hard to believe.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:33 PM

38 posts, read 197,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dan View Post
I find that claim very hard to believe.

Seriously? Why?

The Bryant School District is one of the best in the state, and their average ACT and SAT scores are higher than the state average. Their sports teams are well-supported, participation is high, and they are usually pretty good. Like I said, there is hardly any crime.

My family loves it here.

Not to be confrontational, but I would like to know why you find that hard to believe.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:46 PM

288 posts, read 1,079,085 times
I would also find it hard to believe that the problem is bad in Saline County, or even worse that the state or nation as a whole. I've never seen it or heard about it.

There used to be a frequent post-er on here that claims North Garland County is infiltrated with meth, but as I recall the numbers he claimed would mean that there were more meth houses in N Garland County than there were total houses in N Garland County

Old 03-26-2008, 08:49 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog-I View Post
Seriously? Why?

The Bryant School District is one of the best in the state, and their average ACT and SAT scores are higher than the state average. Their sports teams are well-supported, participation is high, and they are usually pretty good. Like I said, there is hardly any crime.

My family loves it here.

Not to be confrontational, but I would like to know why you find that hard to believe.
I should have been clearer---I find the the claim of WIDE SPREAD meth use in Saline County hard to believe.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:55 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
I always hear Perry County mentioned as a meth paradise. It's north of Saline County.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 PM

61 posts, read 213,439 times
ThaNK YOU GOOD PEOPLE FOR CLEARING THAT HORIBLE RUMOR UP!! mY FAMILY IS ABOUT TO MOVE TO sALINE cOUNTY AND THE THOUGHT OF MOVING THEM WERE JUST A DARK DEVIL LOOMS SCARES THE BEJESUS OUT OF ME!! IT WAS ALSO GREAT TO HEAR FROM HOG-I THAT THE BRYANT SCHOOL DISTRICT IS SO GOOD!! tHATS WHERE I WANT MY KIDS!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area