Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 01:33 PM

511 posts, read 799,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbanks View Post
I booked a hotel, so now I guess I'll just have to go visit these places and try to find one that will work for me. I am just concerned as I have never lived outside of the Houston area

Good luck! I moved here from Texas, and stayed at Value Place for a couple of weeks until I could find an apartment. I couldn't wait to get out of that hotel, and find an apartment asap.

I think you will experience some culture shock. For one thing, the racial makeup is dominantly African American, at least 60% I would say. Also, I find that Texas friendliness sorely missing around here, and completely void in my town, Bryant. People are extremely family oriented here, and hunting is a really big deal.

On the plus side, the traffic usually isn't a problem, and some pretty big entertainment comes through at the Verizon center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 02:06 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Wow - what a wide and varied group!

Based on what you've previously posted, I don't think that NLR or some of these way west are what you are looking for. I'd knock Warren House, Mahlon, Madison Heights, Westpark Meadows, and Crestwood Manor out right off the bat for varying reasons. You'll figure it out - some of the areas are sketchy, some have bad reps, most are just simply too far from the action.

Governor's Park is on a really busy area of Rodney Parham. Otter Creek is sorta off the beaten path. Don't know a thing about Stonebridge, but you'll get to drive to almost everything. Turtle Creek is pretty far west, right in the middle of WLR big box stuff. Don't know about Woodland Terrace. Lanai is very midtown. If you time it wrong or don't learn the shortcuts, you could get to visit Markham, University, and Cantrell Rd. during rush hour....UNlucky you!

Holcombe Heights is down by Murray and close to Verizon. So are Rivercliff and Park at Riverdale, Arrington, and Riverpark. Oakwood Place isn't really that far from the Riverdale/Rebsamen area. So there's the 5 or 6 I'd stick with - a personal once-over when you visit will probably nail it down for you. You're within 10 minutes of work, near the river, not that far from downtown, and close to biking and running trails and park areas.

Forgot to say - Oakwood Place sorta puts you equidistance to Rebsamen and Hillcrest...and that's where a LOT of people your age hang. A very desirable area.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area