Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2007, 08:15 PM

Location: I currently live in the community of East End Arkansas.
24 posts, read 97,431 times

Advertisements

Their is big news in the community of East End. Their is voting going on there.
Last Saturday the 8th there was person going around the neighborhood asking residents if they would vote yes. WHAT IS THE VOTING ABOUT?
It's about building news schools. The signs say building future Sept 18 and on the bottom it says sheridan school district. So that means the sheridan school distict is making signs to help East End get new schools. If everyone votes yes East End should be building a middle and high school. That means the East End community would get a school district. That's one step closer to becoming a city. Building the schools would make going to school a lot easier for resident kids and young adults. They wouldn't have to go to Sheridan. They'd stay in EAST END! That sounds like a awesome future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 01:51 AM

2 posts, read 6,306 times
ive lived in east end my whole life and i love it! im surprised to find that anyone posted anything about our small town!
ive graduated a few years ago but i HATED riding the bus! all my friends from sheridan got on the bus at 7:15 and they were the first stop while i got on the bus at 6:15!! now im not a morning person and i dont like waking up haha and this killed me! i spent over an hr on the bus every day.
When i started driving i put almost 60 miles on my car every day. not to mention the games i had to go to (another 60). and that was just for school!
i read your other post about how beautiful it is and i agree! we just had our family pictures made at the monistary (with their permission of course) and they turned out great! we walked around the property a little and its amazing! do you know if that small house with the sign "case de jose" was the house where the nuns lived?

Old 12-24-2007, 05:17 PM

Mary Lake is a beautiful place. I thought that the people didn't want anyone on their property because there is a sign that says no tresspassing. East End has a chance to get a middle school. Also they have a chance to get a media center at E.E.E. Sheridan Middle School will also have a chance to get things such as a fine arts center and 2 new computer labs. That voting will take place January 9th I believe it is. I hope everyone votes yes. East End is a community that should be a city because of an identity crisis. They don't have their own name. Addresses differ throughout the community with either Mabelvale, Hensley, or Little Rock mailing addresses. I wish that the problem gets fixed soon. Merrry Christmas and Happy New Years to everyone. Bye.

Old 12-24-2007, 07:02 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,323 times
Where is East End? Is it a suburb of Little Rock?

In a year I'm going to be looking for a teaching job, so I'm just curious.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:04 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,267,874 times
It's down around Sheridan, Under. Small community with lots of commuters and lots of locals. Neat place. Very rural feeling.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:58 AM

East End is located about 18 miles north of Sheridan and 15 minutes from Downtown Little Rock, south of Little Rock. So that means it is in Between Sheridan and Little Rock. To the person looking for a teaching job, they have luck. East End has an elementary and intermediate school. You should be able to get a job there. I hope this information helps. Bye.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:00 AM

5 posts, read 24,689 times
I am from the Sardis Community/East End area in Arkansas and always love to "go home" to visit. The rural setting in East End is wonderfully close to Little Rock but far enough away to "feel the fresh air".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area