U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:11 PM

1,223 posts, read 1,384,385 times

Advertisements

I don't know how close you will be to the apartments on Reservoir Road but they have lots of crime reported there. Perhaps if you are far enough away and stay out of the neighborhood it will be O.K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 09:03 PM

99 posts, read 135,694 times
I live in little rock, but i work in and out of Indianapolis. The Good thing about LR and Indianapolis are they are very similar. Little Rock doesnt have as much, but it its far prettier. Majority of the metro is safe to live at. Its a couple of ruff spots, but its literally no different from Indy. Uams is a awesome job, I have friends and family that work there.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:56 AM

85 posts, read 253,286 times
I live in the Walnut Valley area. Near Rodney Parham and Breckenridge west LR. Plenty of homes for sale ON Walnut Valley Drive I see. Good neighborhood.
Stay off Reservoir Rd.
Colony West is also a good area. Near I-430 and Rodney Parham.
Leawood is great !! Off Mississippi going South
Im not fan of the Hillcrest area. Too old and not all that safe

Old 03-23-2015, 09:37 PM

18 posts, read 8,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball6 View Post
Im not fan of the Hillcrest area. Too old and not all that safe
can you or anyone else comment on this? i have always heard great things. what is a safe place for someone working at UAMS to live in? no family here.

Old 05-25-2016, 08:53 PM

9 posts, read 15,655 times
UPDATE: We have now been in Little Rock for almost two years... We absoltely love it! We are still in the Sturbridge/Breckinridge neighborhood and it has been a great fit. Yes, there are more modern areas further west, but since we are renting, we have no complaints. We are perfectly located just 2 minutes from everything, too! And surprise, we ended up going to Miss Selma's. We toured the school after our move and fell in love. Our daughter is finishing up her second year there this week. Their website definitely doesn't do them justice. As for the dogs, no problems whatsoever. They are enjoying all the trees, squirrels, and waterways AR has to offer.

Now, we are starting to think about buying. For this, we will definitely be heading further west. Pinnacle State Park is our favorite weekend spot! We would love to make it our neighbor.

Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 PM

701 posts, read 627,593 times
thanks for the update. welcome to arkansas and specifically, little rock.

pinnacle is one of our favorite weekend spots also. it is nice when a great workout ends with a beautiful view!

Old 05-26-2016, 05:09 AM

3,070 posts, read 4,713,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyGUY04008 View Post
Little rock compared to indy,how so? I guess it depends on your expectations. If you like a smaller city then yeah I can see you liking little rock but if you want pro teams and amenities and vibrant downtown then indy. All cities has crime but for a city the size of little rock their crime is surprisingly high. I never like to compare cities cause people can be bias to where their from but I highly doubt you can compare a city that host a super bowl with 3 pro sport teams the same to little rock. Little rock is more on the level of Birmingha, Meridian Mississippi or something
Read the whole thread. They've been in LR for 2 years now and love it.

Comparing LR to Meridian, MS is really laughable.

LR might not be Indy yet, but it's tons more beautiful and definitely on the way up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or