Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 10:38 PM

9 posts, read 20,663 times

Advertisements

Help, please. I am so confused. Is there a lake for water sports (wake boarding, skiing, etc.) that allows homes and docks anywhere near Little Rock?

With any suggestions, please include an idea of commute to to LR, and if the schools are reputed to be good or not.

Thanks so much for any and all help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 05:35 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,267,874 times
I'd say your best bet would be Lake Catherine or Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs - I'm guessing the commute to be about an hour. There's no waterfront property actually on the main part of Catherine. Lake Hamilton School District is supposed to be pretty good. There's also DeGray at Arkadelphia. Zillow shows a good number of waterfront homes in the Hamilton/Catherine area.

Hot Springs Real Estate & Hot Springs Homes For Sale - Zillow

There is skiing, etc., on the river at LR.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:06 PM

9 posts, read 20,663 times
Thanks for the link....looking now!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:34 PM

996 posts, read 1,236,111 times
Junior U.S. Open Water Ski Championships 2014 - North Little Rock Visitor's Bureau

The junior US Nationals were just here about 3 weeks ago, (Bullneck Lake in Scott Arkansas), which I believe is a private lake ... Scott is just East of Little Rock.

There is also a section of the Arkansas River in Burns Park (North Little Rock) where people do or have waterskied ... If you zoom in on Google Earth / Google Maps, you can see the boat launch and the section of the river which is really blocked off and is almost like a little lake.

I believe there's a ski club in Little Rock but I can't find a website for it right now.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 AM

490 posts, read 1,265,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I'd say your best bet would be Lake Catherine or Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs - I'm guessing the commute to be about an hour. There's no waterfront property actually on the main part of Catherine. Lake Hamilton School District is supposed to be pretty good. There's also DeGray at Arkadelphia. Zillow shows a good number of waterfront homes in the Hamilton/Catherine area.

Hot Springs Real Estate & Hot Springs Homes For Sale - Zillow

There is skiing, etc., on the river at LR.
DeGray is a corps lake like Ouachita and does not allow homes directly on the lake.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,267,874 times
Duh. We had a houseboat there a while back, guess I forgot. I think there is some water frontage land along the Oauchita down around Malvern and Arkadelphia, though. You're right bt, of course - it is a state park - you can get lake view but not lake front at DeGray.

OP, I will tell you - Hamilton is pretty crowded. If you're wanting solitude, it probably isn't coming on a lake anywhere close to central Arkansas.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:43 PM

340 posts, read 515,809 times
Hot Springs Village?

Old 07-06-2014, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Hot Springs Village?
Pretty limited in the village due to the lake sizes and speed limits, unless you wanted to ski in circles!!

Old 07-08-2014, 08:06 PM

340 posts, read 515,809 times
Granted, I know nothing about skiing, but i see water skiers on Village lakes???

How fast do you ski anyway?

Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Granted, I know nothing about skiing, but i see water skiers on Village lakes???

How fast do you ski anyway?
I have not skied in over 20 years, my body won't take it anymore but when I did, I liked to be going between 35-40 mph and not making a lot of turns. That is hard to do even on Balboa since the ski area is rather small and you have to make so many turns plus watching out for other boats and the speed limit there is 35 mph.

In my younger days we would ski on Lakes Hamilton and Ouachita but I would avoid Hamilton now since it has become so crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area