Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM

564 posts, read 2,342,030 times

Advertisements

I know, I've created a few of these, but I just thought of something.

In case the market in Russellville for teaching goes dry, could someone educate me on the suburbs and other towns outside of Little Rock to teach in?

Here are some key factors:

-I would prefer the minority population not be over 20-30%.

-I would like to be within 70 miles of Russellville.

-NOT within the city limits of Little Rock or North Little Rock.

-Making at least a base salary of 32K

-Affordable to the point that I could afford an apartment (450-500 per month) or small house and still be SAFE.

I would prefer this to either be west, southwest, or northwest of Little Rock. I've still got a year before this happens, but if anyone has any suggestions, as long as it's within 70 miles of Russellville, please let me know. I need to plan ahead for this and that's why I need your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 07:10 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
UIS - have you looked at Morrilton? Not sure how far Clinton and Marshall are if you go up Hwy. 9 - I'm spacially challenged and get lost going around the block...Greenbrier might be a player, although I'm sure with all the folks that have moved to Conway that they probably have their fair share of teachers. East End, Landmark, Sheridan, Haskell...although I don't know if that falls within your 70 mile limit...Scott, England? Although they are NE of Little Rock they are going to be boom places, I believe, since Little Rock has few directions to go now.

I would imagine your base salary could be the catch. If nothing else, you could sub until a full time position comes open. I've had a friend home from Korea for a couple of months and he could have worked all day, every day rotating to different schools. Apparently getting qualified subs is a trick, too. As far as housing, I think you're going to remain reasonable west of Conway, but the closer to Little Rock the worse it gets. I'm still in awe of housing costs in the metro area - although they are cheap compared to a lot of the nation, they sure are outrageous from my window on the world.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:26 AM

45 posts, read 155,063 times
UIS:

You can to to GreatSchools.net and find a lot of information about schools in the Little Rock area. You can also google Pulaski County School District, Benton Schools, Bryant Schools, Cabot, Maumelle, Sherwood (Sylvan Hills). You will find all sorts of information! I hope this helps.

Eric
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area