U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 PM

4 posts, read 44,158 times

Advertisements

hi, my family and I are planning to move into the area from lake havasu city az. my husband has a job when we move there, so thats not a problem but we are looking for info on the weather, we aren't that worried about the heat as we live in the hottest populated area in the country, but the humity is a question, as well as the winter? how cold and how much snow is there really? we have been looking for houses on the internet and not sure where is good? we have not been there yet! we are trying to plan a visit sometime soon. we have been looking in conway, greenbrier, vilonia, and a few other areas around little rock as his job is in the city of little rock so we can't be to far. we would like to know how you guys feel about the public schools in the area.we would also not like to live in a retirement area or a big tourist area as we do now and can't wait to leave that part of our past here!!!
any and all info that you can share about the areas that we are looking into would be greatly apprecated!!! thanks in advance! ilene and tim w.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2006, 07:42 AM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
The weather is pretty mild in Conway. You are right, the humidity makes it seem hotter than AZ. The really bad months for humidity are July and August. We only have snow occasionaly and it only lasts a day or two. Every couple of years we get a snow or ice storm that may stick around for a week, but that is very rare. Many times in the winter you only need a coat for one or two weeks and the temps stay in the 70s-80s. Others it might hang out in the 60s. Rarely does it stay freezing for more than a day or two.

As far as housing it depends on what you like. Vilonia and Greenbrier are smaller, the school systems smaller and they don't have as many aminitites. (such as pizza delivery and stores open past 7-8 at night)
Conway is only about 20 minutes from either of those towns so it wouldn't be that far. The Conway school system is better I think, but it is very big. There are 1300 studnets in the 2007 graduating class of Conway High.
Little Rock is about 35 miles from Conway, and the commute takes about an hour. Its pretty crowded on the freeway.
You might try the Highway 10 area or Maumelle if you want to be close to Little Rock but not in it. I'm not real found of Maumelle because its a "new" town and pretty expensive to live there. Little Rock itself isn't a bad place to live and there are some really nice areas, funky areas and the like.

Again, it depens on if you want more rural, than try Vilonia, Greenbrier, Mayflower, or Highway 10 or even Perryville, but if you want pizza delivery, cable tv, stores open at night, walking trail, etc. You'ed want Maumelle, Little Rock or Conway.

I live in Conway and I love it. I'm about a block from the school and clse to stores and everything I need. I can walk in my neighborhood and don't mind the commute to Little Rock.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:14 PM

1,999 posts, read 9,964,086 times
Does Greenbrier still NOT have dancing in the high schools?
Is the County still DRY?
Check these things out. I know this area very well, and will refrain from being sarcastic because, to me, the area is sub-par...but to each his own.
The land is really pretty there, tho. Very green and all, which is nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area