Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 05:46 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,140,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by followthegold View Post
I'm not planning a move on 1 week. But up here in MI it's cloudy for months on end during the winter. It's so depressing. And we also have had a warmer winter with those frigid dips now and then. I guess I saw that one cloudy week and my heart sank. Calif or NM are too hot for me. Years ago we had an acre and a half on Beaver Lake. It was beautiful. I'm hoping to make a trip to HSV in the next month or so. The pictures sure are pretty. No place is perfect.
just to let you know something, although I love NWA and would never want to live anywhere else, NM is not hot. People think desert, but ABQ for instance is high desert: very few days above the low 90s and it is a dry heat with wonderful nights. Truthfully, of all the places we have lived NM has the best year around weather. It doesn't have a lot of anything else, but nice weather is the selling feature of the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2017, 04:00 PM

3,810 posts, read 6,394,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by followthegold View Post
I'm not planning a move on 1 week. But up here in MI it's cloudy for months on end during the winter. It's so depressing. And we also have had a warmer winter with those frigid dips now and then. I guess I saw that one cloudy week and my heart sank. Calif or NM are too hot for me. Years ago we had an acre and a half on Beaver Lake. It was beautiful. I'm hoping to make a trip to HSV in the next month or so. The pictures sure are pretty. No place is perfect.
Your heart sank because you saw it was going to be cloudy in Arkansas for a few days during the winter?

It's Arkansas, not the Sahara....and HSV gets damn hot in the summer compared to Michigan, just so you know.

How could you have lived in Arkansas previously and not realized it gets cloudy and hot for stretches?

You want sun, but not heat.

Well.....ok then!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area