Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 06:42 PM

16 posts, read 24,208 times

Advertisements

My husband is most likely getting transferred to North Little Rock from MN. Are there any public schools in the area that are out of this world phenomenal and may come close to comparing to our amazing public education here in MN? If not, could someone recommend a really great private school within 30-40 min of NLR? We are Christians, so if we go private I would love for that to be a big piece of their education. And I have 4 daughters who swim and play soccer, so athletics are kind of important. But academics moreso.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:43 PM

1,221 posts, read 1,901,895 times
I don't know about N.L.R. but our granddaughter went through Pulaski Academy (private) in L.R., K through 12 and received a superb education. It got her a "full ride" at Hendrix College in Conway. But PA is very expensive and the tuition has almost doubled since she attended. There are several church schools in L.R., but again, I don't know about N.L.R.

I'm sure someone will jump in here and help.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:17 PM

996 posts, read 1,235,199 times
Little Rock Family 2016-2017 Private & Parochial Schools Guide | Little Rock Family

A decent place to start (link above). I know people who've sent their children to Plaski Academy, Episcopal Collegiate, Mount Saint Mary's (girls), Catholic high (boys). All of them seem to think their children got a good education.

Episcopal and Pulaski Academy are probably the most expensive, around $15,000 a year for high school students; but some of the others are closer to $5,000. And while $15,000 per year (or even $5,000) is nothing to sneeze at, it pales in comparison to private school costs in the Northeast ... My old prep school now charges in excess of $40,000 per year for day students and almost $60,000 for boarding students.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:03 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regajohn View Post
Little Rock Family 2016-2017 Private & Parochial Schools Guide | Little Rock Family

A decent place to start (link above). I know people who've sent their children to Plaski Academy, Episcopal Collegiate, Mount Saint Mary's (girls), Catholic high (boys). All of them seem to think their children got a good education.

Episcopal and Pulaski Academy are probably the most expensive, around $15,000 a year for high school students; but some of the others are closer to $5,000. And while $15,000 per year (or even $5,000) is nothing to sneeze at, it pales in comparison to private school costs in the Northeast ... My old prep school now charges in excess of $40,000 per year for day students and almost $60,000 for boarding students.
Well 15k a year vs 400 year in property taxes.. This is reason why most choose public. I would love for my son to go to a private school but cost is so out of reach for most. Guess its a "selective market" for private schooling kids. You have it or ya dont.. ($$$)

Old 04-18-2017, 09:14 PM

50 posts, read 91,516 times
It sounds like your family would be a great fit at Little Rock Christian or Baptist Prepatiry School. Both are located in west Little Rock. They cost about $11k/year for high school for tuition. $1-2K for additional fees.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:38 PM

83 posts, read 174,050 times
The largest private school in North Little Rock is Central Arkansas Christian. It was started in the early 1970's and has exceptional academic and extra-curricular/athletic offerings. I'm a graduate and my children are currently enrolled at "CAC." We love this school!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area