Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2018, 05:38 AM

423 posts, read 457,794 times

Advertisements

I’ve been spoiled by living on the Air Force base in Jacksonville for the past 2 years. Safe, no crimes...but it does get pretty annoying with low speed limits and having to stop at the gate all the time, along with some other things.

I’m trying to move to somewhere that’s still relatively close to the base. Preferably NLR/Sherwood area. Possibly even Cabot. But I don’t mind commuting from WLR/Maumelle.

I’m looking for something under $1000 a month, including utilities, preferably with a garage or atleast a private driveway. 1 bedroom apartment will do just fine, but it’d be nice if it was a single family house/town home.

Are there some areas in NLR/Sherwood that I should avoid? Also, how cultured is Cabot? For some reason I get this weird vibe when I go there like I’m not welcomed becuase I’m not Caucasian lol. Not sure if this is just in my head or what.

Are there any areas to avoid in Little Rock around cammack village or right on the other side of 430 around walnut valley area?

What I mean by safe is not having to deal with pan handlers, not having to worry about car/house break-ins, being able to walk to my car at night without having the fear of being robbed, also not so far out in the sticks where I’ll get jumped by a pack of coyotes.

Also which site is the go-to around here for housing rentals? Craigslist seems to be mostly spam/lower grade apartments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2018, 10:11 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Range View Post
I’ve been spoiled by living on the Air Force base in Jacksonville for the past 2 years. Safe, no crimes...but it does get pretty annoying with low speed limits and having to stop at the gate all the time, along with some other things.

I’m trying to move to somewhere that’s still relatively close to the base. Preferably NLR/Sherwood area. Possibly even Cabot. But I don’t mind commuting from WLR/Maumelle.

I’m looking for something under $1000 a month, including utilities, preferably with a garage or atleast a private driveway. 1 bedroom apartment will do just fine, but it’d be nice if it was a single family house/town home.

Are there some areas in NLR/Sherwood that I should avoid? Also, how cultured is Cabot? For some reason I get this weird vibe when I go there like I’m not welcomed becuase I’m not Caucasian lol. Not sure if this is just in my head or what.

Are there any areas to avoid in Little Rock around cammack village or right on the other side of 430 around walnut valley area?

What I mean by safe is not having to deal with pan handlers, not having to worry about car/house break-ins, being able to walk to my car at night without having the fear of being robbed, also not so far out in the sticks where I’ll get jumped by a pack of coyotes.

Also which site is the go-to around here for housing rentals? Craigslist seems to be mostly spam/lower grade apartments.
My,from reading some of your posts you seem to be a little defensive about white versus minorities. I don't think you will NLR particularly unwelcoming to minorities unless you look for trouble. As for where to do for rentals, your best best bet will probably be a real estate company that has a rental management dept. At least you will be able to see what is available in your price range.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:02 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,748,785 times
Try something like apartments.com and Sherwood generally isn't too bad. If a part of NLR looks nice and well kept, you're probably okay there too.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:21 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Try something like apartments.com and Sherwood generally isn't too bad. If a part of NLR looks nice and well kept, you're probably okay there too.
I was going to suggest rentors.com if not apartments.com.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:34 PM

423 posts, read 457,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My,from reading some of your posts you seem to be a little defensive about white versus minorities. I don't think you will NLR particularly unwelcoming to minorities unless you look for trouble. As for where to do for rentals, your best best bet will probably be a real estate company that has a rental management dept. At least you will be able to see what is available in your price range.
I just always get this vibe from others like I’m not welcomed in some certain businesses compared to places back where I grew up(NY). I don’t really start to see this until I get further out from the city(conway, cabot). That being said I don’t go out looking for trouble. I just don’t feel comfortable in those kind of situations

Old 12-31-2018, 11:22 PM

12 posts, read 22,412 times
Sherwood is going to be nicer than NLR. In general, you want to stay north of I-40 in NLR. Areas to avoid in NLR are along the Pike Ave/AR-365 corridor south of I-40, and areas around Camp Robinson Rd. Not that familiar with that area, but it seems to improve the further north you go on Camp Robinson Rd. Stay away from the US-70/E. Broadway St./Rose City area of NLR. A good part of NLR is the Lakewood area around N. Hills Blvd and McCain Blvd, at least for houses. There's some decent apartments in the Argenta area of NLR (Broadway and Main St). Riverside at Rockwater apartments (relatively safe area, gated) are under $1000 for a 1 bdrm (not including any utilities) and have a lot of military living there. If you really want a home I would focus on Sherwood or Jacksonville.

The general rule in LR is to avoid areas south of I-630. Commuting between LR and places north is going to be a mess once they start rebuilding the I-30 bridge and ramps. I'd stay north of the Arkansas River.

Last edited by 98sb715; 12-31-2018 at 11:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area