Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:30 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder View Post
Me too ... so I could be wrong. Can someone get me a beer ...
Just checked the menu online, http://www.marketplacegrill.com/g-menus/Dinner.pdf (broken link), no beer. Was that location something else before it was a Marketplace???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 02:50 PM

90 posts, read 249,866 times
Mike's Place downtown serves alcohol and the food is very good. I think it is a little more expensive than Marketplace. (When I went, I was on a job interview so price didn't matter to me ).

Old 04-08-2008, 03:20 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
I concur with the Marketplace Grille choice. You cannot buy alcohol there, though. I ate there just a few days ago. It's one of few decent places in town where you don't have to be segregated into a tiny, claustrophobic area if you're not a drinker.

Mike's Place and its Italian companion Michelangelo's (both on Front Street downtown) also get rave reviews. And both offer alcohol.

Do not get talked into Mickey's (formerly Joey's). It's hideous.

---For those of you not familiar with 'the situation' in Conway, here's the lowdown. Faulkner County is a dry county. However, there's a private club loophole. Several restaurants now have private club licenses. They're able to sell alcohol. You pay a fee (typically $5) to join the club. However, the private club area has to be separate from the non-private club area. So you get segregated. At Outback, if you're not a private club person, you sit in a tiny closet. At El Chico, if you want to sit in a booth, you join the private club. At disgusting Mickey's, you have to join the private club just to eat their disgusting Long-John-Silver's-esque food. This whole 'private club' business may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Old 04-08-2008, 03:49 PM

13 posts, read 52,950 times
In order to get a drink at a restaurant, you must buy a membership. They are usually $5. Mike's Place, Michelangelos, Outback, Ruby Tuesday, Pias, Gusanos... are just a few of the places where they serve alcohol.

I am so ready to get out of this place. My wallet is full of these stupid membership cards.

Old 04-08-2008, 05:20 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Thanks all! Marketplace sounds fine. Not having a beer wont kill me. Okay Sam?

Old 04-08-2008, 05:30 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
I guess they've all figured out who's having dinner now, Dan...yes, you're on, and we'll find each other Friday!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:28 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,855 times
Nice but not a dive? Not too expensive?

This, my friend, is why they make Ruby Tuesday and Chilis.

Old 04-08-2008, 06:36 PM

369 posts, read 1,301,645 times
I can't believe this thread! Alcoholic beverages are evil! You're all going to hades! Every county should be a dry county!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:43 PM

154 posts, read 679,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Pulaski Player View Post
I can't believe this thread! Alcoholic beverages are evil! You're all going to hades! Every county should be a dry county!
Dude..............

Old 04-08-2008, 06:52 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Pulaski Player View Post

Said with tongue firmly in cheek, NPP? Or foot firmly in mouth? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area