Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 04:15 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I take it your husband works for Acxiom? When they announced they were moving their WLR operations to Conway I thought it was a dumb move. It should have been the other way around. I believe if gas prices continue rising as they have been and are predicted to too, Conway could see a significant decline. I just hope its 60,000 residents choose to remain in the LR metro rather than relocate entirely.
Acxiom closed their Chenal center but most of those jobs moved to the downtown LR HQs, which was really not fully used and was built too large. It's funny, it used to look empty when you drove by but since the reorganization it looks packed with cubicles. Hopping on I-30 from the River Market you really notice what's going on there.

I think the Conway complex was too large to close completely and selling pieces of it wouldn't appeal to potential buyers. The building on Chenal and the one in Riverdale should be easy to sell because of size and location. Rumor is a fairly significant retail services company is already nearing an agreement to purchase the one on Chenal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 03:00 PM

11 posts, read 39,692 times
You live in Nashville? Suggest looking at Chenal Valley, Pleasant Valley, Villages of Wellington Hills, Woodlands edge for houses. Kids usually go to private school.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:26 PM

16 posts, read 58,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAAR2008 View Post
You live in Nashville? Suggest looking at Chenal Valley, Pleasant Valley, Villages of Wellington Hills, Woodlands edge for houses. Kids usually go to private school.
We are in N'ville through the end of July anyway. Actually, we live in White House, which is about 25 miles north of N'ville. Hubby & I both work downtown N'ville & have loved our time here.

Thanks for the advice. We'll check those areas out as well. Memorial Day is looking to be a BUSY few days in the LR area!

Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM

12 posts, read 41,749 times
to me, west little rock is your best choice. yeah, it is more expensive than other areas of little rock, but there are reasons. schools are better, it is safe, new, and very clean, and the landscape is very beautiful. i would say it is the best choice also because it is still in Little rock city limits.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 PM

297 posts, read 1,300,030 times
Default Maumelle area and Cabot.....

would be good choices to make. Also Benton and Sheridan are small and close enough to Little Rock. Best of luck!

Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM

2 posts, read 5,391 times
We live in Sherwood, and have lived in two different locations in the city. Currently we are on the back side, the Jaxsonville Cato - Batesville Pike area. There is some lower-income housing in the area, but we are in a subdivision called Cardinal Valley. I love the tri-level we live in, as it also backs up to a fairly dense wooded section, but we are moving soon to the JFK/McCain area. It is more centrally located, minutes from the freeway in three directions, but only about 10 miles from where we live now, plus we are in need of a fenced yard for our labs and trying to fence in the two lots that we are currently be a big financial punch in the bits. As for schools, my boys are 1 and 3 respectively, so my knowledge is limited to the Montessori school on Maryland Ave, which is most excellent, and Sherwood elementary, where I stomped around as a young one. There is a massive Wal-Mart super center that just opened its doors on the Sherwood end of JFK (really...you need to pack comfy shoes, a spare cell phone battery and a couple of bottles of water to traverse this mega-monstrosity). Kroger & Harvest foods are also in the area (the seafood section at the Indian Hills Kroger is quite nice). Churches of all denominations are plentiful, there's even a Korean Baptist church in the neighborhood. Sherwood is minutes from NLR and Jacksonville, and JFK turns into HWY 107 which sports a back gate entrance to LRAFB. Two things that are dealt with with extreme speed and prejudice in Sherwood crime-wise are violent crime and hot checks. The Sherwood PD is most effective at crime prevention and response, and the area stays extremely safe due to their actions (No, I'm not a cop ). The Sylvan Hills middle and high school turn out some decent test scores, so I would be inclined to say that the average median income of the area reflects that some of that money is being properly utilized in the school system. Local shopping includes a Bicycle shop, two health food stores, and plenty of mom-and-pop garages, eateries, boutiques and salons, etc. There are also a couple of comic book stores, a specialty game shop (that's us!), print shops, even a bird feeder store. Sherwood also has the Sherwood Forest event center, where the Chamber of Commerce lunches are typically held, and a few gyms including one that offers unlimited access for $10 a month. I say Sherwood, but many of these amenities are just across the division line in NLR. North Hills Blvd cuts across JFK; North is Sherwood and Hwy 107, South is JFK & NLR. [mod] edit [/mod]See you soon, and welcome to the area!
Jay @ IMAGINE!

Last edited by Sam I Am; 06-30-2008 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: no soliciting or advertising allowed in state forums on City Data -

Old 07-07-2008, 08:57 AM

Thanks for all of the replies. We have purchased a home in Benton & are closing 7/17. Hubby is moving right away & son & I are waiting until the house in Nashville sells. I can't wait to get there & start exploring. Arkansas sounds like a GREAT place, especially if you love the outdoors, which we do.
Thanks again everyone!!!
Debbie

Old 07-07-2008, 11:04 AM

308 posts, read 1,617,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingnashville View Post
Thanks for all of the replies. We have purchased a home in Benton & are closing 7/17. Hubby is moving right away & son & I are waiting until the house in Nashville sells. I can't wait to get there & start exploring. Arkansas sounds like a GREAT place, especially if you love the outdoors, which we do.
Thanks again everyone!!!
Debbie
Congrats!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
Congrats!
Thanks! I'll be a lot happier if our house would ever sell. It's only been on the market a month, but feels like years!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 09:59 AM

308 posts, read 1,617,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingnashville View Post
Thanks! I'll be a lot happier if our house would ever sell. It's only been on the market a month, but feels like years!!!!!!!!!!
Something I'm not looking forward to myself. Looks like we may be selling ours sooner than expected if the spouse has his way. I'm not being optimistic with the number of houses in our neighborhood that have been for sale over the last year or two, with a couple of them being up for well over a year now. When we moved in, we didn't think we would have a problem because everything sold well under a month. Everything has changed quite a bit unfortunately.

G'luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area