Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:59 PM

5 posts, read 27,106 times

Advertisements

Hi!
Me and my mom will be relocating to AR in the Fall or Spring. I have a sister out in Vilonia, so we are trying to find a place that is about 30-40 mins away from there. Here are some towns that I found that looked interesting: Morrilton, Judsonia, Searcy, Bald Knob, Maumelle, and Rose Bud. I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2008, 06:22 PM

620 posts, read 2,079,021 times
What is it that you are looking for in a community? Can you give us something more to go on? What brings you to the Mid South area away from the East?

Old 06-28-2008, 06:33 PM

Default Looking For....

I'm looking for a nice friendly quiet town. Someplace thats not crime ridden. We just want to get the hell out of NJ...

Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 PM

Hey, New Jersey's not all bad. I guess it depends on which part you live in. I understand the West side of the state is quite nice, and the NW is just beautiful!

What was it that made Morrilton, Judsonia, Searcy, Bald Knob, Maumelle, and Rose Bud look interesting? Better yet, with your sister in Vilonia, why not Vilonia or Conway or Beebe?

Old 06-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Default Trust Me NJ sucks!

Looking for a place where the housing is not so expensive, and those places seem to have reasonable housing..

Old 06-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Ahhh... That makes sense. Affordable housing is what brought me to buy in Arkansas.

I'm most familiar with Searcy, Bald Knob and Conway. I like all of them, but I chose Horseshoe Bend. Conway is a college town. There is cheap housing there, but you'll be competing with a huge student population. Searcy is a little more upscale than Bald Knob, so of the three, based on price, I'd concentrate on Bald Knob.

Perhaps someone else can fill in the blanks on the other communities you mentioned.

Are you looking to rent or buy?

Old 06-29-2008, 08:46 AM

I'm Looking To Buy...

Old 06-30-2008, 06:45 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,744,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSheWolf View Post
I'm Looking To Buy...
Maumelle would be the least affordable of the towns you're looking at. Vilonia itself is MUCH less expensive than Maumelle. However, out of all your choices, Maumelle offers the best cross section of low crime, quality of schools, and access to things to do.

Morrilton is an interesting little town that's just begging for a decent bit of resurgence to bring her back to glory. LOTS of quaint little victorians within walking distance of downtown. However, there really isn't much of anything downtown right now except for a small renovated historic theater and a mexican restaurant. The quaint victorians can also be elbow to elbow with some not so quaint structures.

I can't give you much insight on the other potential choices. I really like Morrilton because it has so much obvious potential but right now, there's just not much going on.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:36 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,299,740 times
The Searcy/Beebe area is nice. You may also like Cabot. All of them are a short distance from Vilonia. All have affordable housing. And all have decent schools. And all are within a few minutes of LR/NLR.

Best wishes on your move.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:07 AM

Thank You All For Your Help! Wish Me Luck!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area