Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 07:23 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,209,326 times

Advertisements

Betcha thought you'd never see that request.

Living out here, the wife's car's dirty as soon as it's pulled out of the drive.

I'd like to get it washed when I hit town on Monday, and the only exclusion is that the stiff-brush fillin' station washes are out.

First preference is a full service, where it goes through a wash and attendants then towel dry it.

Then, a "soft brush" wash if full serve ain't happening.

Third choice is a no-touch spray wash. You know, where you sit in the car and the little wand thingie goes around and sprays the car.

Maybe I shoulda labled it "upscale" car washes?

Heck.....y'all get the picture.

Last edited by RogMar; 08-22-2008 at 07:25 PM.. Reason: kant punk-choo-ate neither
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 05:35 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
There is a wonderful place that will wash it and then hand-detail it for you adjacent to the Wal-mart at Bowman and Chenal called "Best Car Wash".

Old 08-24-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporkalypse View Post
There is a wonderful place that will wash it and then hand-detail it for you adjacent to the Wal-mart at Bowman and Chenal called "Best Car Wash".
Hats off to ya, mi amigo......I'm outta here.

Old 08-26-2008, 06:05 AM

Hit it late yesterday afternoon, Aporkalypse. It was great. Got the "Best of the best" wash, and watched as a crew of 5 wiped away the last remnants of red dirt.

Thanks for the tip.

Looks like a 'city' car, now.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 PM

308 posts, read 1,617,267 times
I've used that place many, many times. They seemed to have slacked the last couple of times I took it in, so I started going elsewhere and/or doing it myself. I suspect that it may depend upon how many other customers are there at the same time. Good for a quick cheapie if you need it though.

Old 08-28-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramour View Post
I've used that place many, many times. They seemed to have slacked the last couple of times I took it in, so I started going elsewhere and/or doing it myself. I suspect that it may depend upon how many other customers are there at the same time. Good for a quick cheapie if you need it though.
I was happy with it.

Got the "Best of the Best" wash, which was $30, 'cause it *really* needed it.

The only down side, as such, was the dressing they used on the tires. They were the shiniest tires I've ever seen in my life. Makes Armor All and Black magic look dull.

I was lookin' like a pimp-daddy rollin' outta there.

Got my gangster-lean on, and shuffled through the cd's looking for a snoop-dogg collection.

Well......until snoop-dogg does a "Snoop-Dogg does Merle" cd, I think I'm going to be deficit of his works.

Bad thing is (as such), there was a royal screw-up at the dealer, they fixed what I didn't bring it in for, and what I needed is now on order.

Looks like I've got another LR trip coming up.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:42 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,505 times
They are the only place that gets the grime off of my mag wheels. It's high but I always thought it was worth it.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:59 PM

54 posts, read 208,958 times
Off topic, but where do you live in Izard County, Roger? I grew up in Stella (halfway between Mt Pleasant and Melbourne)

Old 08-31-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknight8907 View Post
Off topic, but where do you live in Izard County, Roger? I grew up in Stella (halfway between Mt Pleasant and Melbourne)
In the hills, 6 miles south of Myron, 9 miles north of Evening Shade.

My neighbors to the east have the Sharp County line running through their farm.

On a dirt road...off a dirt road....off a dirt road.

I imagine you know what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area