Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,857,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
If Little Rock sees job growth, most of the population growth will come to Sheridan, Conway, Cabot, and Benton/Bryant. In order for Little Rock to achieve it's potential, the "black hole" perception of anywhere east of I-430, west of I-440, and south of I-40 MUST change. The River Market area is headed in the right direction but things still close way too early and businesses still open and close rather frequently. In addition on a weekend night you will find places like TGI Fridays and Chili's far more packed than anywhere downtown. In a real city, those chain bar n grills are considered to be pretty lame.
True. Little Rock might bring in a few companies, but for the most part, that will just turn the region into a sprawling mess of suburbs.

It's funny how people there will stand in line 45 minutes to eat at Cozymel's, while ignoring some really outstanding local joints, just because the local's are in a marginal part of town, it's after dark, and you know the boogyman will surely get them. I never waited in line to eat at the best Mexican restaurant in Little Rock. One of the best anywhere, really.
I hate that Little Rock has such a crime problem, but I couldn't let it stop me from doing what I wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 09:24 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
True. Little Rock might bring in a few companies, but for the most part, that will just turn the region into a sprawling mess of suburbs.

It's funny how people there will stand in line 45 minutes to eat at Cozymel's, while ignoring some really outstanding local joints, just because the local's are in a marginal part of town, it's after dark, and you know the boogyman will surely get them. I never waited in line to eat at the best Mexican restaurant in Little Rock. One of the best anywhere, really.
I hate that Little Rock has such a crime problem, but I couldn't let it stop me from doing what I wanted.
What is the best Mexican restaurant in Little Rock? I may have to take a trip there by myself if I cant find anybody brave enough to cross the I-430 Berlin Wall to go there.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:55 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
If Little Rock sees job growth, most of the population growth will come to Sheridan, Conway, Cabot, and Benton/Bryant. In order for Little Rock to achieve it's potential, the "black hole" perception of anywhere east of I-430, west of I-440, and south of I-40 MUST change. The River Market area is headed in the right direction but things still close way too early and businesses still open and close rather frequently. In addition on a weekend night you will find places like TGI Fridays and Chili's far more packed than anywhere downtown. In a real city, those chain bar n grills are considered to be pretty lame.
I agree the River Market does close too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post

I love my local restaurants.
I don't really worry about crime when I go out...not really. I sometimes worry about my car being broken into but that's about it. Like you, I don't let it stop me from going out and having a good time.

I wish we were a more hustling and bustling city. Not necessarily one with a lot of traffic and pollution [public transportation helps with that] but one where I felt like there was something for everyone.
I pick up Sync magazine often and it seems like there are the same old things and they only cater to one group of people.
I think events like Riverfest and the Little Rock Film Festival are great. I just wish there was that sense of community and excitement ALL the time.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:48 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
What is the best Mexican restaurant in Little Rock? I may have to take a trip there by myself if I cant find anybody brave enough to cross the I-430 Berlin Wall to go there.
Check with jenni-b. She has steered me to some excellent ones.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM

837 posts, read 2,248,257 times
Quote:
In a real city, those chain bar n grills are considered to be pretty lame.
That's because they ARE pretty lame. (And Little Rock IS a real city.)

I'm starting to think the problem here, bchris, is your friends. You need new ones!

What kind of Mexican food do you like? Authentic? Tex-Mex?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I never waited in line to eat at the best Mexican restaurant in Little Rock. One of the best anywhere, really.
Which one is that, northbound?

I've never even eaten at Cozymel's. I don't hang out much east of I-430.

also: I hate Sync. Have you checked the Ark Times? and their Rock Candy blog? They have some good stuff on there. (though a bit too much about Kris Allen lately for me.)

Last edited by jenni-b; 05-13-2009 at 11:19 AM..

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,635 times
LR has some great local restaurants. And many of them do have lines on the weekends.

I sometimes wonder exactly what the heck you guys are talking about. I suspect some of you would complain about anything.

Hey, dude, here's a free hundred dollar bill.

But it's so old and wrinkled, and besides, nobody will break a hundred anymore. I don't want it.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM

Thank you, strumpeace!

Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strumpeace View Post
Hey, dude, here's a free hundred dollar bill.

But it's so old and wrinkled, and besides, nobody will break a hundred anymore. I don't want it.
Heh.....

I can't rep ya, but consider it a virtual high-five.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:35 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
Which one is that, northbound?

I've never even eaten at Cozymel's. I don't hang out much east of I-430.

also: I hate Sync. Have you checked the Ark Times? and their Rock Candy blog? They have some good stuff on there. (though a bit too much about Kris Allen lately for me.)
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Sync but it's free and something to read sometimes.
I LOVE Arkansas Times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area