Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area
 [Register]
Little Rock - Conway area Pulaski, Faulkner, Grant, Lonoke, Perry, and Saline Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 12:22 AM

124 posts, read 556,107 times

Advertisements

5 Guys does have a pretty good burger.Most people will want to get the little burger. Never order the LARGE fries.With the regular fries they will fill up your cup and then fill half your paper bag with fries.I can whoof down the regular two pattie burger but I'm a hellaeater.
Like I said the burger is pretty good but you can probably find a few other places that are on par with it.
The FF are good but not great.I would recommend the cajun seasoning.
Best FF in the world are served at MI Casa.Cut up peeled baked potatoes with Lawrys black pepper seasoning salt.Yawls gotsta try it sometime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 11:24 AM

26,122 posts, read 48,737,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
we just got back from Five Guys. I don't eat burgers, but the fries were not the religious experience one might be led to expect. though they were abundant! the kid thought his burger was good but certainly not the best in town.

also, no beer!
Exactly matches my opinion of their french fries (FFs). IIRC, 5 Guys uses fresh potatoes but only cooks FFs once and serves them that way. Here in COLO SPGS they taste like they were cooked in old oil, coming out dark and greasy and limp. I like my FFs crisp and well seasoned. Best method for cooking FFs is to "blanche" them in oil at 350 to cook the potato and drive our the water, after which they are white (blanche) looking. They can sit in a wire basket quite a while in this state. When a customer orders some FFs, they are "finish fried" at 410 to a golden brown with a firm skin that has some snap to it. Yummm.

It takes these extra steps to produce really great FFs. I did it this way 45 years ago when I worked fast foods back in Baltimore. We used fresh potatoes then, nothing frozen from J. R. Simplot and other major FF producers who supply most burger joints these days. I used to start each day with two 50-pound bags, run them through a peeler, slice them, wash/rinse them, then blanche the potatoes and have about 50-60 baskets of cooked FFs racked up for the lunch rush. Those were the days!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM

2 posts, read 4,468 times
Default Fivew Guysa Fries are blanched

FYI Five Guys does blanche it fries...everyone should. the only way to get crisp fries with tasty centers

Old 12-28-2009, 06:31 PM

12 posts, read 50,567 times
Good Burgers and Fries.. I still like the double cheeseburger at Mcdonalds for a buck thou

Old 12-31-2009, 11:47 AM

27 posts, read 57,665 times
Great Burgers!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 01:55 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,487,762 times
I have to admit, I wouldn't go out of my way to go to 5 Guys (mainly because of the price), but you do get your money's worth if you're really hungry. And, I love being able to absolutely customize your burger. I like ketchup, cheddar, hot sauce and mushrooms on mine....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Little Rock - Conway area