Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM

64 posts, read 171,477 times

Advertisements

I could see myself living there.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 03:36 PM

410 posts, read 949,641 times
It depends. Greenwich has some fine - indeed beautiful - streets and squares, but it is also the unloading point for tea, and other less savoury commodities, from the orient, so you will find many disreputable seafaring types there from whom you might want to keep a distance. The many ships passing in and out also bring disease-carrying rats, which although not a problem for the most part do mean that it's not the best place if you have young children or pedigree cats.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:51 AM

142 posts, read 442,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hubard View Post
It depends. Greenwich has some fine - indeed beautiful - streets and squares, but it is also the unloading point for tea, and other less savoury commodities, from the orient, so you will find many disreputable seafaring types there from whom you might want to keep a distance. The many ships passing in and out also bring disease-carrying rats, which although not a problem for the most part do mean that it's not the best place if you have young children or pedigree cats.
Have you gone back in time 100 years?

To the OP, Greenwich is a really nice part of London and has good transport links into Central London, predominantly via overground rail. I wouldn't suggest looking at places near to North Greenwich (where The O2 is situated) as there's not much going on around there and it's a bit run down.

Old 02-25-2012, 04:38 AM

9 posts, read 21,466 times
To be honest, most parts of London have good and bad you really need to come and look at London to see whats best for you as the internet does tend to glorify certain areas which in reality, are not that nice. Its a sad situation because unless you have a lot of money to burn, your not going to find a nice area in london

Old 02-25-2012, 06:37 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,581,703 times
The best areas of London are expensive, but really, compared to the rest of the UK, London is very expensive all together. Greenwich itself is nice, but the Borough is not all nice.

Old 02-25-2012, 07:36 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,653,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia and Reiss View Post
To be honest, most parts of London have good and bad you really need to come and look at London to see whats best for you as the internet does tend to glorify certain areas which in reality, are not that nice. Its a sad situation because unless you have a lot of money to burn, your not going to find a nice area in london
Unlike most of the moaners on this forum I'm perfectly happy with the nice, safe, leafy area of London I live in, which I do without paying a fortune...all you have to do is find a nice rich octogenarian landlord who doesn't know or care what true market-rate rental values are in 2012

Old 02-28-2012, 05:21 AM

9 posts, read 21,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Unlike most of the moaners on this forum I'm perfectly happy with the nice, safe, leafy area of London I live in, which I do without paying a fortune...all you have to do is find a nice rich octogenarian landlord who doesn't know or care what true market-rate rental values are in 2012

By all means feel free if you ever leave to give me your landlords details aha I was searching for near on a year till i found something i liked, had a nice area and was not too expensive. When i could afford it i love it and didn't want to leave. Would move back into the city tomorrow if i could have m old flat back again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London