U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:44 PM

431 posts, read 1,077,498 times

Advertisements

After browsing Heathrow's website, I see they offer a concierge service. Since I have never traveled abroad before, I thought it might be worth it. I can't find a cost though. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it and if it would be silly to spend the money or not. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM

1,339 posts, read 2,426,734 times
Heathrow: Premium Heathrow services

If It cost anything like this much I'd say its a complete waste of money.

There are always loads of people in Heathrow ready to steer people in the right direction. the airport is well signposted too. As long as you arrive in time for your departure there shouldn't be any problems.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:50 PM

Heathrow is my destination. So I won't be wandering around, completely lost?

Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 PM

no. you will just be following the crowds from your flight going towards immigration and then queuing with everybody from your flight unless you have an EU passport and in which case you join another queue. then follow the signs for baggage re claim. depending on where you are staying you should follow signs for the Taxi's / car pick up / underground.

Who are you flying with and where are you staying ??

Old 06-03-2012, 06:55 PM

I'll be flying in on Lufthansa. My final destination is with a family friend in Basingstoke, but it looks like she'll be picking us up.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM

ah ok that should be quite easy then. Your friend can monitor the flight and assume you will clear immigration / customs and baggage about 45 mins after the flight has landed. once you go through the green customs channel then you are on the public meet and greet area. Lufthansa fly into terminal 1 but I don't see them flying from the US. Where are you flying in from ?? maybe you are on a code share flight.... ??

Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 PM

We're leaving from the U.S., but changing planes in Canada. What's a code share flight? And thank you for your help so far! I do appreciate it.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:12 PM

Lufthansa -*Members

its when you book a flight with one airline but you are actually on another airlines flight... when I looked at Hearthrow flights in Lufthansa only show flights in from Europe..maybe the flight is actually operated by Air Canada ?
Heathrow: Destinations and airlines | Routes and contact details
Your ticket will have a flight code that usually makes it easy to identify who you are flying with...
Air Canada flies into Terminal 3 so I would look at your ticket before you fly so you can inform your friend in advance !!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 PM

Our itinerary says we do indeed fly into terminal three. And upon further look, it does mention Air Canada too.

Old 06-03-2012, 07:15 PM

the airport has a 'meeting point' in each arrivals hall where you can plan to meet your friends. Be aware that if the arrivals hall is very big there may be two meeting points. they won't be so far that you can't quickly walk between them both though. I haven't beet to terminal 3 for a while so I don't know if there are just 1 or 2.
Heathrow: Meeting at Heathrow Airport | Meeting points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London