U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 05:27 PM

1,644 posts, read 4,240,302 times

Advertisements

If prepared to look at east london-I think Wanstead is nice.My husband used to live there-cheaper than West-very green -Wanstead Park is lovely.
Try searching on rightmove.co.uk
Rate this post positively

Old 10-02-2009, 03:31 PM

4,726 posts, read 10,862,086 times
When I was living in London my partner and I ended up in Hampstead without even realising in advance what an American colony the area is. Americans seem attracted to Hampstead, which really is a lovely area. I also love Belsize Park, just next-door. Anyway, it's a great part of town, though rents are quite pricey. All of London is, really, unless you are pretty far out or in some cases more central but pretty far from the tube. Ealing seems to me to be relatively cheap and pretty decent, though I've basically only driven through it and never spent any time there. If you are going to be relying on public transport you'd do well to be close to the tube. Buses go everywhere, but they aren't as convenient IMO and a usually a lot slower. You can, for example, sometimes find some cheap accomodation up in Hampstead Garden Suburb or the farther reaches of Golders Green, but it is almost always way too far from the tube. Ideally, you should be no more than a third of a mile from the nearest tube station and you surely don't want to live more than a half mile away at the most.
Rate this post positively