Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,700 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody,
[FONT=&quot]I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome[/FONT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 07:11 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
Try hotels.com, or expedia.. they will give you a good idea of what hotels are about, and the cost.

Old 04-26-2008, 08:55 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Congratulations!

London has literally thousands of hotels, plus guest houses, B&B's etc.

Try looking at the 'boutique' hotels, they are often smaller chains or independents, and are more interesting than the big ones. Boutique London Hotels - Discount London Hotels

Wiki has a good list of the top London hotels Hotels in London - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The London 'Time Out' website is useful with reviews and local info....such as Pembridge Court - West London Hotels - Time Out London (http://www.timeout.com/london/hotels/reviews/58.html - broken link)

If you are flexible on dates, the very best way to get a good rate is phone the hotels and ask in person when they have the best rates, as online you have to specify the dates, day by day.

But if you want a 'package' deal of flights and hotels, go with Expedia, lastminute.com etc.

Old 04-26-2008, 12:11 PM

119 posts, read 552,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony45 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome
Claridges Hotel in London. You may see Mick.... Congrats!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:13 PM

119 posts, read 552,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony45 View Post
Hi everybody,
I am newly married and willing to go London for honeymoon, so I am looking for a luxury hotel in London. Can anyone recommend me any good hotel where i can feel like heaven? Any of your recommendations are welcome

OOOppppps ... missed the part about "cheap".. not sure if "cheap" and "luxury" go together though!!!!

Old 04-26-2008, 09:36 PM

3,367 posts, read 11,059,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trionetriathlon View Post
OOOppppps ... missed the part about "cheap".. not sure if "cheap" and "luxury" go together though!!!!
Definitely not in London - prices are more than !

Old 04-28-2008, 02:51 AM
RH1

1,160 posts, read 4,234,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trionetriathlon View Post
Absolutely not...

I need to book a couple of nights in June and I keep putting it off as I just don't know where to start. It's easy if I'm booking one for work - there's a list of approved ones and you just book it for near where you're going, but for myself....????!! I'm meeting friends in Kensington, so I'd like something fairly nearby but then of course you ain't gonna get cheap in Kensington, especially not the one I lived in for a while...

I really must stop procrastinating or they'll all be booked up!

Old 04-30-2008, 05:00 PM

79 posts, read 458,584 times
Default hotels

Hi tony45,

I stay in a great hotel, near the famous Harley Street (plastic surgery heaven) also on the doorstep from Oxford St (shopping heaven) also the area is famous for it's Musicals and theatre (called the West End)
Wellbeck Street
London W1

around £100-£150 per night, walking distance to all attractions
a short taxi ride to Harrods on Nightsbridge

I use this hotel when i'm on busniess trips, it has everything you need quite stylish and modern with a pool area etc..not over priced and not over the top trendy.

GinnyGin UK city girl

Old 05-02-2008, 12:09 PM

5 posts, read 18,201 times
Default Hotels

We stayed a week at the Columbia Hotel. It was pretty nice and not too expensive. It is across the street from Hyde Park, near Kensington Palace, Buckingham Palace, St. James Palace. There is a pub close by which has good fishnchips. A couple of streets over there are some Middle Eastern restaurants. It isn't far from bus stops. It used to be where a lot of rock and roll bands stayed, but not so much now. We enjoyed what few hours we were there, what with all the sight-seeing we did!!

Old 08-12-2008, 05:51 AM

6 posts, read 22,250 times
Hi!

How long are you staying in London? And when are you going there? The nice places usually get fully booked, but if you are out in good time then you can get a really nice place. How big is ur budget?

I would recommed you to contact reservation companies instead of calling directly to the hotel. The reservation companies usually have a lot of partners which they can call for you. And just look after a hotel that suits your needs. Have you trieed this?

Google studios-london or london studios, flats london and you will find companies that will make the call for you.

Good luck and enjoy your honemoon!

Lucy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom > London