Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:10 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,981,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Ok...can I ask..do you have any advanced degrees? JD perhaps? MBA? Can I also ask what line of work do you do?
You need an MBA or JD to discuss motorcycle noise?! What an arrogant, condescending, self-righteous snot.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:15 AM

The loud pipes on motorcycles are specifically designed to cruise down the street setting off all the worthless car alarms, thus exposing the true noise polluter. "Why doesn't law enforcement do something about the loud car alarms." Waaahhhh. waaahhhhhh. Boo hooo.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,682,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose65 View Post
You need an MBA or JD to discuss motorcycle noise?! What an arrogant, condescending, self-righteous snot.

It went right over your head..didn't it

Old 06-18-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
It went right over your head..didn't it
Not really. It never got off the ground.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:25 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,682,673 times
Only in your limited perception.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:17 AM

22 posts, read 33,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
you would have had an easier time if your screen name was:

BoatHaterTeacherHaterNoiseHaterCarHaterLILover
KAY...what is your point?...why would it be easier to use those names? i am so curious why i should use a name that i was given a very long time ago...before computers had screenames etc...not being sarcastic...just would like to know.... why would have an easier time if i change my screename...as a matter of fact it will so be changed to harleynanny as i am expecting my first grandchild

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM

13,507 posts, read 16,976,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleymamma03 View Post
KAY...what is your point?...why would it be easier to use those names? i am so curious why i should use a name that i was given a very long time ago...before computers had screenames etc...not being sarcastic...just would like to know.... why would have an easier time if i change my screename...as a matter of fact it will so be changed to harleynanny as i am expecting my first grandchild
Jeez, I thought you were 15 with the way you post. I guess one way to put is is that you're young at heart.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Wonder how many tats she has? Bet she can swill beer with the best of them too!!
um sonny boy, are u asking and assuming with your above quote towards me....if so then ask....to you commenters that have a problem with the noise from harleys, i believe all of your questions were answered by people who ride them...so that should satisfy your curiousity....otherwise, stand outside the police headquarters with all of your extra time & protest..that will give you something to do, besides insulting, passing judgment & making comments about people who ride harleys...you obviously live in la la land & have no idea about the lifestyle....we don't judge people, as most of you do, accept people for who they are and are the first people to sign up for benefit bike runs....hope that covers it all, however, i am sure another professor will come up with another oh so witty comment...lmao

Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Jeez, I thought you were 15 with the way you post. I guess one way to put is is that you're young at heart.
dman72....nah, not 15, just a little older...lol...not polite to ask a lady her age........this is the way i post, i am not here to impress people...i am just a very passionate person that gets p.o'd. at some of the rediculous comments made on sites i do care about...i am so sick & tired of dodging these idiots who drive according to their own rules...by not abiding by the laws....we do!!!! hand signals, the signals on the bikes and the fat cows who ride on the back and try to get the attention of drivers who do whatever they choose to while driving......you have a good day!!!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM

77,915 posts, read 60,063,004 times
I liked Harleys until I lived in the Chicago suburbs and all summer long around 6AM this jackass would open it up a little going down the hill right outside my house.

At the time we had a baby on our hands and so weren't getting regular sleep and then this guy would pull his stunt.

They are loud enough without being an a-hole with your bike.

I've also had a small group of Harley's go by me on the interstate that were so loud I couldn't talk to my wife sitting next to me. Don't tell me that they weren't tuned to be that loud intentionally...most aren't anywhere near that volume.

So basically, like in anything....a portion of a group give the larger group a bad name.
We shouldn't generalize about all riders but we shouldn't be apologists for the jerks either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island