Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM

7 posts, read 14,683 times

Advertisements

My family will be living in Setauket during July and August and we need some suggestions for the following services.

furniture rental or inexpensive furniture to purchase

summer enrichment or other programs for kids

what kind of amenities does Setauket have for residents? pool? beach? camps?

are there local sports organizations for baseball or softball?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:41 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,706,112 times
summer enrichment?....hmmm, I grew up in Brooklyn. We were "enriched" on the street everyday.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Default For things to do on Lawn Guyland ...

For things to do on Lawn Guyland, here are three sites that also offer weekly eMail newsletters: LongIsland.com, About Long Island NY and Life On Long Island; and, here's what could be the best site: Long Island Convention & Visitors Bureau and Sports Commission.

And, li4kids, is especially for the kinder.

Old 06-16-2010, 11:05 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Are you looking for free or inexpensive summer programs? The public library has many programs available to residents of the district. Emma Clark Library serves Three Village Schools.
There are a number of relatively inexpensive Day Camp programs but I do npt know how much if anything you are able to spend.

As far as amenities West Meadow Beach is open to people with a drivers license who are from Suffolk county/

On the South Shore about a have hour away there is Smith Point Beach, which is open to all with a fee. Maybe 7-10 dollars per car. A beautiful ocean beach with a Pavilion, for food, drinks and any thing that you might want

Port Jefferson Village is a nice place to walk, shop and take in the lovely harbor sights. Nice restaurants in all price ranges.

As far as furniture rentals Rent - A- Center in Patchougue is the only place that I know of.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:39 PM

7 posts, read 14,683 times
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am looking for any opportunities for my kids - both free and those with a cost. Does this area have a park district or some other organization that offers sports, day camps and things like that? What about music lessons? We will be there for 6 weeks and are looking for things to keep them busy and to have fun this summer.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by making the best of it View Post
My family will be living in Setauket during July and August and we need some suggestions for the following services.

furniture rental or inexpensive furniture to purchase

summer enrichment or other programs for kids

what kind of amenities does Setauket have for residents? pool? beach? camps?

are there local sports organizations for baseball or softball?

Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Three Village Central School District has summer enrichment programs, summer camp (full and half day) summer music program (you might still be able to get into this.)

West Meadow Beach is open to residents of the Town of Brookhaven and is in Setauket.

There is the local Boys and Girls Club (main office on North Country Rd in Setauket) which has summer sports and activities.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:04 AM

342 posts, read 1,094,217 times
You can rent furniture through Rent-a-Center or Cort Furniture Rental. They will deliver and set up.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:27 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
making the best of it, as sheena12 suggests, check with the Emma S. Clark Memorial Library as they should be a good source for local organizations that provide the services and/or activities that you seek.

Setauket is part of the Hamlet of Setauket-East Seatauket, and, as a hamlet, is governed on an at-large basis by the Town of Brookhaven.

NYS Geographic Glossary may be of some help to you in understanding the geography of "Lawn Guyland".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island