Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 12:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,277,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
This happened to me once on Patchogue-MT. Sinai road about 15 years ago. Some tough guys in a mustang tossed a can out of their car and it bounced and then banged off of my hood.

I followed them for about 5 miles after that to see where the car was going to be parked. They were completely oblivious to me following them. I did a little bit of car service for them that night after I left my girlfriends house, I hope what they woke up to made them think about being jerks next time.

I know, very mature of me, but I was in my early 20's, and they deserved it.
An anger management class might help you stay out of trouble. You won't always get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
When living in Brooklyn and renting a garage, I was often faced with people who parked in front of the garage and prevented me from leaving.

One night a late model Caddy was parked there with the window open. I was being driven home by a friend when we passed my garage. I then went into my garage, picked up a can of motor oil, opened it, and tossed it in the front seat of the Caddy.

Later that night you should have heard the screaming and cursing.

Can't say I regretted doing that. What if it was an emergency and I had to get my car out?
Call the towing service contracted for the building and have them tow the car out of there. There would still be screaming though because the errant driver would either be thinking the car was stolen or mad that s/he now has to pay the tow yard to release their car.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 06-22-2010 at 01:01 PM..

Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Nothing better than getting in the 3rd lane and bringing the speed down to no more than 60. I feel that is morally prudent to prevent further traffic injuries and fatalaties. Just remember, there are children travelling in automobiles. I do it for the children.
QOTD!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRed View Post
I'm what some might call a "normal" motorcycle rider and everything I read here increases the pucker factor 10 fold on a bike...It's getting worse and worse...Next SOB that cuts me off is gonna get my boot in the side of their car...
I actually saw a motorcyclist do that to a nasty guy that was tailgating him!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:57 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,966,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I actually saw a motorcyclist do that to a nasty guy that was tailgating him!
I heard heavy nuts+bolts being kept in a tank bag is a good alternative to a boot to the side of a car...

Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,396,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
+1

When I lived in FL I remember seeing this on the news. Here's the short version:

Back in 07, someone and their buddy felt it was their civic duty to enforce the speed limit on I-4 in Orlando. Buddy #1 saw an erratic driver, so he calls buddy #2 who was a few miles ahead of him to alert him of the erratic driver. Buddy #2 drove at the speed limit, pulling out in front of said erratic driver each time he tried to go around so he couldn't pass.

Turns out this hotshot in a black Porsche Cayenne had a major case of the fits aka "Road Rage" because of this and pulls a gun on the vigilante Buddy #2, fires 5 shots and a bullet hits Buddy #2's neck.

Since there were only a handfull of registered black Cayenne's in the Orlando area, the perp was quickly found and detained. I know this is a rare incident but still... World is full of crazy people Gpsma. Be careful!

I tried to find the article with all the details, but could only find this
Gunman Sought In I-4 Road Rage Shooting - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando (http://www.wesh.com/news/13604489/detail.html - broken link)
This is exactly why I don't try to enforce the speed limit on others. I'm more than happy to stay to the right and let them go around. I don't want to be shot at and they are more than welcome to go wrap themselves around a tree somewhere ahead of me.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,019,538 times
Quote:
An anger management class might help you stay out of trouble. You won't always get away with it.
Apparently you missed the part where I said 15 years ago before you got all preachy.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:11 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,699,259 times
Quote:
Call the towing service contracted for the building and have them tow the car out of there. There would still be screaming though because the errant driver would either be thinking the car was stolen or mad that s/he now has to pay the tow yard to release their car.
LOL..I hate to inform you but not ALL buildings in Brooklyn are apartment houses. This was a un-attached garage next to a private house.

Contact the building contracted tow service..oh yeah..sure

Old 06-22-2010, 01:13 PM

3,686 posts, read 8,699,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I heard heavy nuts+bolts being kept in a tank bag is a good alternative to a boot to the side of a car...
handful of marbles thrown down in front of a bike works well too.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,992,798 times
It's a systemic failure in the US of NOT teaching how to highway drive. There are far fewer accidents in Italy and Germany because they learn DO NOT CRUISE IN THE PASSING lane. It is for passing. The problem is the person going 55-60 in the left lane which means anyone who wants to pass MUST pass on the right which is the ultimate no-no in driving, defies logic and creates hazardous conditions.

2 lanes = travel lane and passing lane
3 lanes = exit lane (or grany lane), travel lane and passing lane.

DON'T travel in the passing lane at ANY speed unless your are PASSING!!

It's in the friggin written exam manual, why isn't it on the road test?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island