Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:29 PM

401 posts, read 944,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I would love for anyone to travel to any country they wish at any given time. After all this should be a FREE world. I just cannot understand how a man can go to other lands with inhabitants then claim they discover it and claim it as their own but now in modern times people are pretty much doing the SAME thing and we consider it illegal. How can I be a criminal for WALKING ON GOD'S EARTH. LOL I just and will not get it.

The animals do it all the time for food or changing of weather, yet when we as human do it its ILLEGAL. LOL

BTW OP. I applaud you for what you did. You just put food on a child's table and gave a HUMAN BEING another chance to live to see the sun shine another day.
I'm not quite sure if that was a tongue in cheek response or if it was sincere. I will respond to it being sincere.

I can only offer a metaphore to you in hopes that you may understand. If you are in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and there are 100 people trying to board the craft. Your life boat will only sustain 75. How do you handle that? Bring them all on and kill everyone? Make a decision who stays or goes? Do you jump off yourself?(which is always your perogative). Well that is the US. It cannot be sustained to let anyone walk whereever they want. If they want to just walk, fine. If you want to send your kids to school, earn a living and be a part of the community, you need to become part of the legal system that was put into place to accomodate these amenities. We are only asking our government to make the decision as to who can stay on the lifeboat and who cannot.

We cannot change history. We live here today. Unless everyone, including yourself, is willing to give up their land, country because of the deceitful way we obtained the country, then we have to deal with the here and now. Are you willing to, out of guilt, forgo everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 07:32 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,699,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thehouse View Post
I would love for anyone to travel to any country they wish at any given time. After all this should be a FREE world. I just cannot understand how a man can go to other lands with inhabitants then claim they discover it and claim it as their own but now in modern times people are pretty much doing the SAME thing and we consider it illegal. How can I be a criminal for WALKING ON GOD'S EARTH. LOL I just and will not get it.

The animals do it all the time for food or changing of weather, yet when we as human do it its ILLEGAL. LOL

BTW OP. I applaud you for what you did. You just put food on a child's table and gave a HUMAN BEING another chance to live to see the sun shine another day.
Terrorists would love to travel to any country they wish at any given time, too. Be careful what you wish for.

Centuries ago when explorers and conquistadors set out from Europe and Asia, many continents were undeveloped. The aforementioned set out with the intent to help build empires and exploit the 'discovered' land for it's resources -- to enrich their own country. Not saying this was right, just saying what happened.

Yes, native people were killed either by weapon or disease. It was nothing new by the time it happened in the New World, ancients were doing it thousands of years earlier. We can cite the native Americans, the Incas, et al, but we can take it back much further into antiquity. At what point do we stop? The Roman Invasion of Britain? The Roman conquest of Greece? Grecian city states fighting one another? Neanderthals crushing the skulls of their rivals?

Does it make it right? No. Is it human nature? Apparently yes. Invade and take over.

Earlier generations of immigrants came here for a better life, leaving behind family or saving money to bring them here. That much the illegals have in common with the old immigrants. Certain groups at that time were seen as scourge and denied work.

Earlier generations worked hard to improve their lot, and took responsibility for themselves as there were few social programs in place to aide them. They reported to customs as they entered ports around the country. My grandfather's entry papers indicate his name, where from, nationality, where to, who was there (a brother-in-law), how much money did he have on him, ability to read/write English, trade. He saved money so his wife and baby could follow a year later; their customs questions were almost the same. In short, they had to prove that they could care for themselves, or had family or a beneficiary who would look after them. If the illegal falls on hard times, who is looking after him/her? Are you paying extra out of your pocket as you think hiring illegals is good, or are all of us taxpayers having a portion of our hard earned money offsetting expenses brought about by illegals using our social services -- despite the fact we do not support it?

Illegals do not register with anyone, they are not accountable to anyone, they are sending money home, but mostly to improve life in their homeland, not in the USA. They are here to milk the cow and drink the milk, leaving behind an empty bucket.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Not quite how it works. Yes they get seen, but they usually use the wrong name and information and give faulty address' and phone numbers. Thus the bills are lost in the mail. If you didn't recieve treatment I would bring that up and fight the charges, if what you say is correct. They should pair down the bill a bit.
If a pregnant female goes to get medical assistance ERs are not even allowed to ask her for any ID at all because that might indicate her status as an illegal alien in order not to scare her off.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:11 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
They recently had a meeting in NYC (see bolded below). I wish I knew something about this a few months ago.

Snippet from The Elite Class and Global Transformation—Stand Up America US

Quote:
Enclosed below is a description of Agenda 21 taken from the Johannesburg Summit of 2002.

“This meeting will review progress in implementing Agenda 21, the plan of action for sustainable development that was agreed in Rio, and develop a plan for the further implementation of sustainable development policies and programmes worldwide. Secretary-General Kofi Annan (Board Member of the Club of Rome) has identified five themes for particular attention at the Summit: water, energy, health, agriculture and biodiversity.

These are critical areas for long-term development, involving complex interactions among economic, social and environmental factors and involving different sectors, organizations and disciplines. Those issues, together with population and poverty, and the relationships among them, are the focus of the material collected here.”

[I highlighted the 5 themes so as to bring to your attention that these underscore current policies, such as Cap and Trade, The Food Modernization Act, Healthcare, and various Wildlands Projects and EPA regulations. Nothing is happening by accident!]

Agenda 21 is the blueprint for globalization and is the precursor to all legislation, taxes, and regulations you see coming out of Washington. It is the vehicle by which the Master Class has found its Utopian dream of absolute control over you while simultaneously raping the world of all its wealth. Since its inception in 1992, they have held 18 annual meetings.

Between May 3-14th of 2010 they held another meeting in NYC. In attendance were all 50 signatory nations and representatives from 2,146 CSO’s (Civil Society Organizations, which are NGO’s that are accredited by the United Nations to have consultative status). Want to know when America as you know it is coming to an end? Well, that information is well documented too, and is known as the Marrakech Transition Process. It may be comforting to some to know they have a life plan. Unfortunately, it is being planned by someone else.
This should make the Open Borders and Go Green crowds happy, right? Because they are not smart enough to see what is below the surface. They think they're in for "freedom." The UN's policies being accepted and signed onto by Presidents and absolutely NO checks and balances of the rest of the citizens and politicians until there are no more countries! What they are in for is going to be more restrictive than Communism.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:31 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,473,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
If a pregnant female goes to get medical assistance ERs are not even allowed to ask her for any ID at all because that might indicate her status as an illegal alien in order not to scare her off.
Untrue. Everyone walking into the ER gets the same treatment which includes needing name, age, DOB, etc. They cannot deny you for no insurance, your simply listed as "Self Pay". Like I said, these people will give a false address/name/SS# whatever, get seen, be treated, and the bills need to be absorbed by the institution.

We had a recent case where a woman came in, had been seen by 3 different hospitals under 3 different names and been diagnosed, but we had to run our own tests because the charts can't have different names then the one we're treating. Its all a big mess.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 PM

372 posts, read 740,237 times
I never thought the problem was all that bad until today...

...I drove to Westbury to pick up a friend and as I stopped across from his house about 15 guys rushed at my car thinking that I was there to offer them a job. Now I can understand if I was driving a truck or somethin, but I was in a normal car.

Maybe that crazy guy on here from westbury is right....

Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 AM

581 posts, read 1,243,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Terrorists would love to travel to any country they wish at any given time, too. Be careful what you wish for.

Centuries ago when explorers and conquistadors set out from Europe and Asia, many continents were undeveloped. The aforementioned set out with the intent to help build empires and exploit the 'discovered' land for it's resources -- to enrich their own country. Not saying this was right, just saying what happened.

Yes, native people were killed either by weapon or disease. It was nothing new by the time it happened in the New World, ancients were doing it thousands of years earlier. We can cite the native Americans, the Incas, et al, but we can take it back much further into antiquity. At what point do we stop? The Roman Invasion of Britain? The Roman conquest of Greece? Grecian city states fighting one another? Neanderthals crushing the skulls of their rivals?

Does it make it right? No. Is it human nature? Apparently yes. Invade and take over.

Earlier generations of immigrants came here for a better life, leaving behind family or saving money to bring them here. That much the illegals have in common with the old immigrants. Certain groups at that time were seen as scourge and denied work.

Earlier generations worked hard to improve their lot, and took responsibility for themselves as there were few social programs in place to aide them. They reported to customs as they entered ports around the country. My grandfather's entry papers indicate his name, where from, nationality, where to, who was there (a brother-in-law), how much money did he have on him, ability to read/write English, trade. He saved money so his wife and baby could follow a year later; their customs questions were almost the same. In short, they had to prove that they could care for themselves, or had family or a beneficiary who would look after them. If the illegal falls on hard times, who is looking after him/her? Are you paying extra out of your pocket as you think hiring illegals is good, or are all of us taxpayers having a portion of our hard earned money offsetting expenses brought about by illegals using our social services -- despite the fact we do not support it?

Illegals do not register with anyone, they are not accountable to anyone, they are sending money home, but mostly to improve life in their homeland, not in the USA. They are here to milk the cow and drink the milk, leaving behind an empty bucket.

As expected response.

So now that America has done its wrongs over the centuries, now is the time to stop when America is prosperous.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 AM

581 posts, read 1,243,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajimenez View Post
I'm not quite sure if that was a tongue in cheek response or if it was sincere. I will respond to it being sincere.

I can only offer a metaphore to you in hopes that you may understand. If you are in a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean and there are 100 people trying to board the craft. Your life boat will only sustain 75. How do you handle that? Bring them all on and kill everyone? Make a decision who stays or goes? Do you jump off yourself?(which is always your perogative). Well that is the US. It cannot be sustained to let anyone walk whereever they want. If they want to just walk, fine. If you want to send your kids to school, earn a living and be a part of the community, you need to become part of the legal system that was put into place to accomodate these amenities. We are only asking our government to make the decision as to who can stay on the lifeboat and who cannot.

We cannot change history. We live here today. Unless everyone, including yourself, is willing to give up their land, country because of the deceitful way we obtained the country, then we have to deal with the here and now. Are you willing to, out of guilt, forgo everything?

I could understand if these illegals are going around and killing people for a piece of bread. But these people stand on the street hoping that they could get some work to HONESTLY make a living. One thing I see you guys complain about is paying taxes. I am SURE when they purchase something they pay taxes. So guess what? whoever hire these people SHOULD MAKE SURE THEY TAKE THE TAXES OUT OF THEIR PAY. My taxes are taken out of my paycheck before i get it.

I am a person that support people who wants to work honestly. The government needs to go fight gangs, crimes, drugs and such and stop worrying about good hearted immigrants. And I dont want to hear anything about illegals are what brings crime, drugs and gangs in the country.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:44 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Most of us don't have to risk travel to a foreign country because we do so with documents, not border jumping and living in the shadows. But to move along with the hypothetical situation:

Times are still good here, for now. People have had it comfortable for a while. If we found ourselves in the midst of some catastrophic event -- disaster, war, disease, famine, etc., people would be forced to move much like your day laborers did.

It's easy to write that Americans are lazy when comparing them to a small percentage of a certain population, but I won't argue that there are enough Americans who DO need to have a fire lit under them.

Did you get the laborer's SSN so that you can file a 1099 for 2010?
Or will a large percentage of the cash you paid going to be funneled tax free out of our country improving the economy of another? These men might work hard, but ultimately not for improving the US.
I did not know Western Union didnt pay taxes....

Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 AM

556 posts, read 1,445,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Untrue. Everyone walking into the ER gets the same treatment which includes needing name, age, DOB, etc. They cannot deny you for no insurance, your simply listed as "Self Pay". Like I said, these people will give a false address/name/SS# whatever, get seen, be treated, and the bills need to be absorbed by the institution.

We had a recent case where a woman came in, had been seen by 3 different hospitals under 3 different names and been diagnosed, but we had to run our own tests because the charts can't have different names then the one we're treating. Its all a big mess.
Anyone can do this, not just "illegals"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island