Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:39 PM

63 posts, read 360,242 times

Advertisements

I hear great things about Huntington and the village area but I'm looking to live near the train station and from what I've heard the area around the Huntington train station isn't very nice. I would like to be able to walk or take a short bus ride to the train station.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 01:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM

Longislandcitizen what area were you thinking of? I need to commute to queens and my wife to manhattan.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:48 PM

liltownblues how are the areas within walking distance of Bethpage and Massapequa train stations? I heard the Ladies section of Bethpage was nice and was walking distance of the train station.

Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Delta View Post
I hear great things about Huntington and the village area but I'm looking to live near the train station and from what I've heard the area around the Huntington train station isn't very nice. I would like to be able to walk or take a short bus ride to the train station.
One stop further east is Greenlawn. Not as nice a downtown as Huntington, but the area around the train station is nice.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:13 PM

405 posts, read 1,163,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravo Delta View Post
liltownblues how are the areas within walking distance of Bethpage and Massapequa train stations? I heard the Ladies section of Bethpage was nice and was walking distance of the train station.
I believe the "Ladies Lane" section is pretty much next to the station in Bethpage. The station is on Stewart and is down the block from a strip mall and some other shops and restaurants. It's also a block away from Broadway with some more shops and food.

For Massapequa, there is Massapequa Park which has the station at Park Blvd. and Sunrise Highway. Park Blvd. is a few blocks of shops and food, Sunrise Hway. is big, loud and the suburban extreme of traffic and strip malls.

There is also Massapequa (Village Of) which has a station on Broadway and Sunrise. Plenty of shops and food in a 5 block radius of the station.

The neighborhoods around all of those areas are IMHO all nice areas.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:18 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilTownBlues View Post
... there is Massapequa Park which has the station at Park Blvd. and Sunrise Highway.
Massapequa Park is a village.

Quote:
There is also Massapequa (Village Of) ...
Massapequa is a hamlet.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:24 PM

405 posts, read 1,163,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Massapequa Park is a village.

Massapequa is a hamlet.
Oops, got it backwards, thanks for the correction Walter.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:29 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Quote:
Oops, got it backwards, thanks for the correction Walter.
You're welcome.

There are times when I have to double-check and correct my posts before I hit Submit Reply to make sure that so and so is a village and so and so is a hamlet.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 PM

TomMoser: quick question... I noticed a lot of homes in Greenlawn were listed under 300k.. so I'm guessing there is a less desireable area of Greenlawn... What area should I steer clear of? Do I need to stay north of Pulaski?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island