Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 10:56 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,032 times

Advertisements

Been through there ONLY on the Ronkonkomo LIRR train, and I don't think I'm missing ANYTHING, seeing the best part...as I'm leaving.

It's always a pure joy, also, to wait to see what kind of Predator, gets on or off AND, depending what time of the day it is, "IF" the conductor has the NERVE to ask them for a ticket !

I just grab my bag, closer to me and hope they are NOT Colin Ferguson and or in DRAG !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 06:27 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
Been through there ONLY on the Ronkonkomo LIRR train, and I don't think I'm missing ANYTHING, seeing the best part...as I'm leaving.

It's always a pure joy, also, to wait to see what kind of Predator, gets on or off AND, depending what time of the day it is, "IF" the conductor has the NERVE to ask them for a ticket !

I just grab my bag, closer to me and hope they are NOT Colin Ferguson and or in DRAG !!!
Kings Park is on the Port Jeff line, not Ronkonkoma.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:39 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Kings Park is on the Port Jeff line, not Ronkonkoma.
You're right, THANK YOU !

I sleep during the short trip from Hicksville and or Huntington...it all seems to MELD together, sometimes.

Kings Park...Hmmmm, oh YEAH, that's ONE of the places, where the ticket-takers DON'T take tickets of...ahem...certain people, and they get to ride for "free", especially between stations...on BOTH LINES ! That's whyyyyyyy I get the lines mixed up.

I still hold my bag close...the last time some SHMOE was casing the empty cars, lookin' for a sleeping Victim. Had a perversely FUN, time "catching him" wandering back and forth, during his trolling for $$$ !

How nice that the LIRR has an UNOFFICIAL "Charity" program for the less fortunate.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:58 AM

732 posts, read 1,734,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
I've been to the Key Food there a couple of times, kinda dumpy, wouldn't be suprised if it closed again, I wish King Kullen, Stop and Shop, or some other chain would take over.
I used to go to this Key Food back when my grandma was alive, and while it was a bit run down, my grandma never had any quality problems there.

I'd rather go to the Kings Park Key Food than go to a store like Best Yet, C-Town, or Meat Farms...the Farmingville Compare Foods is excluded because the meat and produce is a lot cheaper than any other supermarket around here, but it's still better quality than most of those other supermarkets.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM

27 posts, read 63,314 times
Kings Park has changed but not as fast as other surrounding towns. KP still has the quiet sleeping town feel I love so much about. My family has lived there since 1990.

If it is not for the long 1.5-2hr commute into city every morning, I would still be there. If you don't like shopping at Key Food, you can drive few miles over to Commack for a nice traffic jam experience.

I know a lot of people find KP boring and as soon as they get out of HS, they move out. What they don't realized, KP is still has one of the best Pre-K, Middle, HS schools around Smithtown. It's the only reason why you see new families moving here when the old ones moves out.

Nothing wrong with being a quiet small town. GO KP!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:23 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,034,476 times
I lived in Kings Park and I would definitely buy a house there. It's a quick sprint to the LIE, yet it feels secluded from the rest of the island, I used to jog in Sunken Meadow park quite often, and you are 10 minutes away from suburban sprawl hell Commack for shopping and such.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:55 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
From what I understand, the people of Kings Park fight tooth and nail to retain it's small town ways, and have absolutley no interest in ruining it.
The biggest thing is the possible Tanger outlet or some other kind of mall being built on the old psych grounds.

I really respect a community that can work together and stand up for what they believe in. Unlike my community, who just sat there and did nothing while the contractors and developers pounced all over a once nice little hamlet.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:23 PM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,873 times
Kings Park does have a very active civic association. The biggest issue that they are dealing with is what will happen to the old Psych Center. They have already defeated several plans to develop it.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:28 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
Kings Park does have a very active civic association. The biggest issue that they are dealing with is what will happen to the old Psych Center. They have already defeated several plans to develop it.
Good for them. I hope they can continue to put up the good fight.
Hey wait a sec, maybe I should start looking for a house in Kings Park...
Sounds like my kinda town.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,542,584 times
I've lived in KP for 15 years and love it........nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island