Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:17 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,270 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about the different areas of East Northport, no matter what SD they are in?

What are the "most" and "least" desirable sections of East Northport?

Any part of EN that is sketchy or bordering on sketchy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 11:21 PM

9,525 posts, read 30,473,115 times
Nothing in East Northport can be considered "sketchy". There area some apartments around the train station but that's about it.

The less desireable area is the grid streets between Larkfield, Clay Pitts, Pulaski, and Elwood Rd. This is the more working class area where I grew up and my parents still live. Never had a problem with crime or trashy neighbors. The most desirable areas are mostly east of Larkfield and have large lots, the further east you go, the nicer it gets.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 PM

1,919 posts, read 7,108,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Nothing in East Northport can be considered "sketchy". There area some apartments around the train station but that's about it.

The less desireable area is the grid streets between Larkfield, Clay Pitts, Pulaski, and Elwood Rd. This is the more working class area where I grew up and my parents still live. Never had a problem with crime or trashy neighbors. The most desirable areas are mostly east of Larkfield and have large lots, the further east you go, the nicer it gets.
Thank you.What do you think of the small area of half acres that is within the Elwood district?

Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,680,436 times
Default A map of the Hamlet of East Northport in the Town of Huntington, Suffolk County

A map of the Hamlet of East Northport in the Town of Huntington, Suffolk County:

The Hamlet of East Northport has a different border than does the "East Northport, NY 11731" ZIP Code postal zone (i.e., a place can have an "East Northport, NY 11731" mailing address and not be in the Hamlet of East Northport and a place can have other than an "East Northport, NY 11731" mailing address and be in the Hamlet of East Northport): places that have an "East Northport, NY 11731" mailing address that are not in the Hamlet of East Northport are in the Hamlet of Greenlawn, the Hamlet of Elwood and the Hamlet of Commack; and, at the same time, there are places in the Hamlet of East Northport with a "Northport, NY 11768" and "Commack, NY 11725" mailing address.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:37 AM

721 posts, read 1,566,665 times
My daughter's "best friend" lives there. Nice lots. Not sketchy at all.

Re: the school districts, I think there are benefits to both districts. ENpt is larger and offers more classes when the kids get older. Elwood is smaller. Depends on what you prefer.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:44 AM

Default A map of the Hamlet of Elwood in the Town of Huntington, Suffolk County

In case it's needed ...

A map of the Hamlet of Elwood in the Town of Huntington, Suffolk County:

Elwood is one of those many villages and hamlets on Long Island where none of the places in the community have the hamlet name in their mailing address: places in the Hamlet of Elwood have a "Huntington, NY 11743", "Greenlawn, NY 11740" "East Northport, NY 11731", "Commack, NY 11725" and "Dix Hills, NY 11746" mailing address.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,759,118 times
There are three school districts in East Northport. SD #4 (Northport-East Northport) covers most of it. Parts are also in Elwood SD #1 and Commack SD # 10.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:45 AM

You can find out in which community (city, village or CDP) a house is actually located, which is oftentimes different from the community named in that house's mailing address, by using the Census Bureau's online address search function. (CDP, or Census Designated Place, is the Census Bureau equivalent for a hamlet in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.)

And, very importantly, among other things, the Census Bureau's online address search function also indicates in which school district an address is located.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,235,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
There are three school districts in East Northport. SD #4 (Northport-East Northport) covers most of it. Parts are also in Elwood SD #1 and Commack SD # 10.
I believe the the section of EN that attends Commack schools is bounded by Clay Pitts Rd (north boundary) , Burr Rd (south boundary), Larkfield Rd (west boundary) and Townline Rd (east boundary). It's a really nice part of EN as well.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:52 PM

188 posts, read 416,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
I believe the the section of EN that attends Commack schools is bounded by Clay Pitts Rd (north boundary) , Burr Rd (south boundary), Larkfield Rd (west boundary) and Townline Rd (east boundary). It's a really nice part of EN as well.
I completely agree, this is the best area of East Northport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island