Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 02:26 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,972,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I agree $15 a day is pretty steep. It should be free for resident or just a nominal upkeep fee. What the point of living so close to the beach if you're charge just to enjoy it. Isn't that what taxes are for?
I rented an apartment a few blocks away from my job.. that was the point.. I hate beaches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2010, 03:35 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
I rented an apartment a few blocks away from my job.. that was the point.. I hate beaches
So why complain about the cost of beach access so much if you don't like them?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
So why complain about the cost of beach access so much if you don't like them?
You must not be married

Old 08-09-2010, 03:56 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,244,986 times
Quote:
You must not be married
8 years this month. Seriously though, why worry about it so much if you don't use it and don't like it?

Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetties View Post
8 years this month. Seriously though, why worry about it so much if you don't use it and don't like it?
Well specifically this year, my younger sisters are up and they would like to visit the beach. I need to drag them over to Lido because I'm not spending 60$ to bring everyone in.

Previously when we lived there? The woman wanted to go and I didn't feel like spending 12$/pp when we were there.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:36 PM

20,043 posts, read 20,844,919 times
I don't find Long Beach *that* appealing that this should be an issue. There are a bunch of other beaches within reasonable driving distance, no matter where on the "Island" you live that are cheaper, or free. It is an Island ya know.
As in surrounded by water. If ya gotta do LB so bad, just make sure there's no cops around and jump the darn railing. Or, park at the very extreme end of either end of the boardwalk and walk the beach til you get where you wanna go.
Or, bring a bucket of sand with you to the public pool.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:17 PM

86 posts, read 193,452 times
Quote:
What does being from Queens have to do with Jones Beach vs Long Beach? I lived in LB for a yr and I still didn't use the beach because they were charging too much.
Being that JB is $10 a CARLOAD and LB is $15 per person does alot to deflect the Queens element to JB basically destroying it for the rest of LI. Thank goodness for the TOWN beaches!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,768,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAmerican16 View Post
Being that JB is $10 a CARLOAD and LB is $15 per person does alot to deflect the Queens element to JB basically destroying it for the rest of LI. Thank goodness for the TOWN beaches!

I must be part of the Queens element because I'd rather take the Jones Beach offer as well. Besides Jones Beach is larger, has the theatre and all that history. I'm still awe struck by the water tower and Ocean Pkwy is still one of the most scenic roads on LI. The Queens element must be on to something. What a bargain. Not sure how we are destroying it for the rest of LI but if you want to be a hater enjoy living in your hate. It's your prison.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:32 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,373,212 times
Quote:
What does being from Queens have to do with Jones Beach vs Long Beach? I lived in LB for a yr and I still didn't use the beach because they were charging too much.
It's not bad if you get a season pass though...I think it's like $50 for the season if you're a long beach resident...so if you go only 5 times, you would have already made your $$ back.

It's expensive for the day, yeah...but season passes really are a great deal. And Jones Beach is up there $$-wise to go now. Free beaches don't exist on LI, plain and simple, so if ya wanna enjoy the beach, you're going to have pony up.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:27 PM

86 posts, read 193,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I must be part of the Queens element because I'd rather take the Jones Beach offer as well. Besides Jones Beach is larger, has the theatre and all that history. I'm still awe struck by the water tower and Ocean Pkwy is still one of the most scenic roads on LI. The Queens element must be on to something. What a bargain. Not sure how we are destroying it for the rest of LI but if you want to be a hater enjoy living in your hate. It's your prison.
If you like walking over half eaten corn cobs and listening to samba music Jones Beach in the summer is for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island