Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 PM

732 posts, read 1,735,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
But then again I know lots of people who say Stop and Shop is less expensive than other stores and almost everything I buy costs more, so I don't shop there...
Their sales are worse than Pathmark or Waldbaums, but their regular prices are slightly better.

Also, they're opening a Greenfield's Shoprite down by the Expressway where Home Depot Expo used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 02:01 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,155,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
Their sales are worse than Pathmark or Waldbaums, but their regular prices are slightly better.

Also, they're opening a Greenfield's Shoprite down by the Expressway where Home Depot Expo used to be.
Great news!! Don't know where Home Depot Exp was, but I LOVE Greenfield's ShopRite. Whenever I'm in the vicinity of the Woodbury store, I shop there!
Is that new store North or South of the LIE?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Great news!! Don't know where Home Depot Exp was, but I LOVE Greenfield's ShopRite. Whenever I'm in the vicinity of the Woodbury store, I shop there!
Is that new store North or South of the LIE?
Just north of the LIE off of Crooked Hill: Commack Patch, NY - Crooked Hill Road ShopRite Set to Open in 2011

Old 08-20-2010, 02:43 PM

852 posts, read 2,017,612 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post

1) I'm glad you told me that they are opening that store there. I hope it is more affordable. There is a ton of space in there, so I'm betting it's going to be a relatively more affordable super-market.

2) When I mention IGA, I'm talking about the little IGA near CapitalOne off of Larkfield. That store is bizarrely expensive. I have no idea how it stays open, unless there are rich retirees who don't want to drive more than 3 blocks for $2 apples.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 PM

180 posts, read 604,311 times
Meat Farm's also had Mortal Kombat II which was a fave walking home from the high school. Best Yet seems filthy to me.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:25 PM

302 posts, read 590,670 times
LI grocery stores suck. If it's cheaper then the quality is lacking and if the quality is better, then the price is outrageous! I miss the Harris Teeters in the mid Atlantic. They're not cheap at regular prices but they used to have amazing sales and quality was great! If they rang something up at the wrong price, you would receive it for free. I miss their free tastings and wine tasting events...

Old 08-20-2010, 04:07 PM

180 posts, read 604,311 times
NJ isnt much better you know. A&P is both dirty and expensive and Shoprite is a ZOO. Best part about shoprite is being able to shop online for all the ingredients and pick it up for 10 dollars or have it delivered! HAvent set foot into a Meat Farm since then!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
1) I'm glad you told me that they are opening that store there. I hope it is more affordable. There is a ton of space in there, so I'm betting it's going to be a relatively more affordable super-market.
Shoprite has the best sales on LI, and I've heard that the Greenfield ones (both in Plainview) are run pretty well.

Quote:
2) When I mention IGA, I'm talking about the little IGA near CapitalOne off of Larkfield. That store is bizarrely expensive. I have no idea how it stays open, unless there are rich retirees who don't want to drive more than 3 blocks for $2 apples.
I'm not really familiar with that area, but I think it's an IGA thing. There's two near me in Bellport Village. They're both really expensive, and Wallens IGA is really really old and decrepit. I've seen bodegas that look better than Wallens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island