Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM

852 posts, read 2,016,757 times

Advertisements

I used to go to Pat's Marketplace in East Northport very regularly - at LEAST one per week. I stopped going. They changed their produce guy, and now you pretty much have to count to sixty after buy a fruit of vegetable before it goes bad on you.

Grapes, peaches, apples, corn, melon - you name it. It all goes to crap almost instantly. I'm very disappointed, because I'd written very flattering things about Pat's on Yelp just a few months ago. Now it has gone to pot.

There's another Pat's in Farmingdale. Is it better than mine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 PM

22,665 posts, read 36,760,081 times
I believe they have changed ownership, there was one in W. Hempstead and it closed at least a year ago. Now it's Colombo Farms and it was fine the few times I went there before we moved. It was something else in the interim that didn't last.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,140,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
I used to go to Pat's Marketplace in East Northport very regularly - at LEAST one per week. I stopped going. They changed their produce guy, and now you pretty much have to count to sixty after buy a fruit of vegetable before it goes bad on you.

Grapes, peaches, apples, corn, melon - you name it. It all goes to crap almost instantly. I'm very disappointed, because I'd written very flattering things about Pat's on Yelp just a few months ago. Now it has gone to pot.

There's another Pat's in Farmingdale. Is it better than mine?
Since you're in E. Northport, have you tried Best Yet, down the road on Larkfield (between Clay Pitts and Cedar)?
Or if you don't mind going a little further East, there's Giunta's Meat Farms on Commack Rd, just south of Jericho Tpk, on the east side of the road - excellent produce!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM

721 posts, read 1,566,047 times
pat's market and giunta's meat farms are two different stores in E. Npt right? I like Meat Farms for other things, though I don't usually get my produce from a store.

Grapes aren't local, but for corn, melons, apples and peaches, I prefer local. You can try Delea farmstand on Elwood. Local stuff lasts much longer! Their prices are very reasonable. There are a few farmer's markets in the area too- Huntington, Northport, etc.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:20 PM

180 posts, read 604,042 times
IGA has really done it up as of lately. Only prob for me was the disinterested checkout girls. I prefer this to the cramped feel at the Meat Farms however

Old 08-20-2010, 09:02 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,049 times
I agree that Pat's has gone downhill. IGA and Best Yet are good alternatives.

Old 08-20-2010, 10:48 AM

852 posts, read 2,016,757 times
Default Iga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomMoser View Post
I agree that Pat's has gone downhill. IGA and Best Yet are good alternatives.
IGA is crazy-expensive! It is a nice clean store that is nicely organized and well-managed. Still, I never shop there because their food is more expensive than a convenient store.

Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,756,049 times
I also don't like Pat's parking lot. My wife and I call it "The Parking Lot of Death". Recently, IGA's has become "The Parking Lot of Death II"

Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 PM

316 posts, read 989,250 times
IGA = Bodega of the wealthy.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,140,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPool1998 View Post
IGA is crazy-expensive! It is a nice clean store that is nicely organized and well-managed. Still, I never shop there because their food is more expensive than a convenient store.
Interesting - if we're talking about Giunta Meat Farms on Commack Rd in Commack, we must be having different experiences, or shop for different items. There are a number of food items which I buy that are noticeably less expensive there, including produce. But then again I know lots of people who say Stop and Shop is less expensive than other stores and almost everything I buy costs more, so I don't shop there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island