Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 02:37 PM

964 posts, read 2,462,695 times

Advertisements

I don't have any proof he's a racist besides him forwarding on some offensive emails. I've heard much worse come out of the churches that Barack Obama has attended. So, in the end, we have to look at the candidates and consider who will truly turn Albany upside down.

My guess is that neither will, but most people looking for a revolution in Albany will probably place their bet with Paladino. If he gets under Cuomo's skin, he could make a race out of this yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Taking a look further into the internals, which are a jump off the deep end

Women always vote more than men. Its typically 52-55% of the electorate or something like that, in this poll men make up more than 60% of the voters. Sure.....

Old 09-22-2010, 08:44 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
Paladino is closing on Cuomo pretty quickly. If Lazio drops out of the race, as many expect, that could mean an even bigger bounce to Paladino. This race isn't over yet. Don't underestimate the anger of voters at the politicians on the State and Federal level.

People are fuming and Cuomo represents the establishment and status quo.
Paladino has my vote. He's the only hope of cleaning up this state and getting rid of the illegals (there seems to be more of them than ever!)
I dont agree with him on everything, but I feel he's the only person who can fix things in this state.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzurrony View Post
I don't have any proof he's a racist besides him forwarding on some offensive emails. I've heard much worse come out of the churches that Barack Obama has attended. So, in the end, we have to look at the candidates and consider who will truly turn Albany upside down.

My guess is that neither will, but most people looking for a revolution in Albany will probably place their bet with Paladino. If he gets under Cuomo's skin, he could make a race out of this yet.
I think people are underestimating the anger in NY with the issues like the pension system, teachers and the entrenched system in Albany. Voters look over at Christie in New Jersey and that’s what they want. Needless to say the teachers union will probably endorse Cuomo. Interesting that Bloomberg endorsed Cuomo as the candidate for change, I think he has the wrong person.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:19 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times
Cuomo had his hands in the housing boom/bubble/bust too...he was the Chief of HUD (second after Henry Cisneros) under the Clinton Admin

cuomo is a crook

Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I think people are underestimating the anger in NY with the issues like the pension system, teachers and the entrenched system in Albany. Voters look over at Christie in New Jersey and that’s what they want. Needless to say the teachers union will probably endorse Cuomo. Interesting that Bloomberg endorsed Cuomo as the candidate for change, I think he has the wrong person.
I read that one of the biggest teachers' unions in NY already announced they are NOT endorsing Cuomo.

I wish we could kidnap Christie to be OUR governor and not have to go through this farce.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:25 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Perhaps Paladino playing the Hitler card didn't sit too well with the mayor??

Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,474,564 times
Quote:
Bloomberg is a lefty, the only suprise here is that he hasn't changed parties yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I read that one of the biggest teachers' unions in NY already announced they are NOT endorsing Cuomo.

I wish we could kidnap Christie to be OUR governor and not have to go through this farce.
Now thats suprising.

And yea, we need Christie.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,303,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Bloomberg is a lefty, the only suprise here is that he hasn't changed parties yet.

Now thats suprising.

And yea, we need Christie.
NYSUT passes on Cuomo, several incumbent senators - Capitol Confidential

Quote:
The politically potent New York State United Teachers is declining to endorse Andrew Cuomo in his quest for governor, a blow to the Democratic standard bearer’s efforts to win an endorsement from the larger AFL-CIO and an indication that NYSUT will square off against Cuomo as he pushes a fiscally conservative platform.
Besides not endorsing Cuomo, they are against every state senator from LONG ISLAND except one:

State Teachers Union Leave Off Andrew Cuomo, Dozens Of Senators From Endorsement List (http://www.cityhallnews.com/newyork/article-1482-state-teachers-union-leave-off-cuomo-dozens-of-senators-from-endorsement-list.html - broken link)

Quote:
Every state senator from Long Island except Kenneth LaValle (who worked as a teacher and school administrator, and has steered millions in public dollars to education causes, especially at Stony Brook University) got the ax from the union, setting up potential disasters for Democratic senators like Brian Foley, who is facing a strong challenge.
The thing they are most concerned about?

They are against any notion of a PROPERTY TAX CAP and if any politician looks like s/he is headed that way, the NYSUT won't endorse them.

Aren't they great friends and neighbors of the rest of the residents of NYS? (Note: sarcasm for those who can't tell or who want to pretend they can't tell)

Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
They both suck. What else is new.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island