Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 12:57 PM

527 posts, read 1,019,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Yes we have an existing relationship but it is soured. They came and ruined the property/block, plus we are moving out anyway... want this to be sort of a good bye to them
oh ok- gotcha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 01:00 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,364,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
That's about the worse advice you can give If the car is not insured properly and it hits you or a family member you are screwed . Another good reason to "rat" them out is peoples like this causes everyone to pay higher policies.

Also I love this line "If they aren't hurting you and this doesn't impact you in any way, you're just being a nosy tattle." Yes if their selling drugs or illegal firearms or any other criminal or code violations....just turn a blind eye to it...... wow
At that point i would just move, I'm not a rat. Everyone is different. I am tired of getting slammed for differing opinions.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:11 PM

22,664 posts, read 36,760,081 times
Wait till you move! But honestly it sounds like any current neighbor could be the one to rat them out.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:31 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Wait till you move! But honestly it sounds like any current neighbor could be the one to rat them out.
We have a few calls to make once we move... the village re: no heat/mold in apt, and now NCPD once we move out.

It was on when they lied to our LL about me being the one that was trashing the place. They're on my list.

Old 10-08-2010, 01:53 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,072,760 times
Quote:
They're on my list.
Nothing like a good vendetta!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:04 PM

188 posts, read 416,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue53 View Post
Though I understand everyone's frustration here but truly is it your business that this guy is breaking the law? If he is your neighbor and has little regard for DMV law what else illegal does he do?There is an old saying: "Snitches get stitches or end up in ditches." Just be careful.
It isn't about being a snitch. If the person winds up getting into an accident with the unregistered vehicle and causes property damage or even worse, injures or kills someone - how would you feel about it then?

... And people wonder why our insurance rates go through the roof. We (the responsible citizens) have to pay for all of the unregistered and uninsured motorists out there.

Old 10-08-2010, 02:25 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,970,130 times
One of them DID get into an accident, the front bumper is half detached and ripped down the middle.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:22 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,213 times
Quote:
It is just dumb. I play by the rules, I pay my NY insurance rates, my NY registration rates, my NY inspection rates, they should too.
So because you're a sucker feeding outrageous premiums and taxes to the insurance company and Albany respectively, everyone has to do it too?

If I can have my car registered and insured in Florida because I have a winter home or whatever there, why on Earth would anyone rip themselves off and register here? The FL insurance is just as valid as NY insurance just alot cheaper.

Incidentally, you do have uninsured motorist coverage, so if he dings your Geo Metro you'd be covered.

Quote:
They disappear in the morning, and come back at night.
They probably have jobs, you know, an activity that keeps them busy enough to not spy on their neighbors all day.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:46 PM

20,018 posts, read 20,822,731 times
Fer chrissakes, just steal the damn plates. It's that simple. Problem solved.
I accept paypal and visa, no amex...you're welcome.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,290,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Fer chrissakes, just steal the damn plates. It's that simple. Problem solved.
I accept paypal and visa, no amex...you're welcome.
That's a great idea! Steal them and throw them down the sewer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island