Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 04:27 PM

929 posts, read 2,062,902 times

Advertisements

Rule #1- Don't take NO for an answer
Rule #2- Demand a YES
Rule #3- Go up the chain of command until you get a YES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 05:11 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,632,860 times
I would definitely take my child out of there fast and enroll him elsewhere. This will haunt him the rest of the time he's at that falling-apart school. Not a good idea for him to "stick it out."

Then I'd sue the school for negligence regarding the condition of the bathroom. And I'd go after the incompetent principal in the courts as well.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,768,815 times
Well tomorrow I will call a lawyer and see what we can do. Havent gotten a new letter from the principal as I was supposed to. She was supposed to remove willfully from his report ( know she tore the old one up), so i guess she will ahve to pass this letter thru legal first.
Hate to do it ; really i dont want to. But I also want my son to figure out that he can make a difference and can stand up for what is wrong. Of course now the principal says the sink wasnt loose ; speaking to an adult who went to that school, she said they were loose when she was there!! Every single child has said they were loose. Do I believe about 12 kids or the principal?

He will go to work with dh tomorrow.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 PM

23,709 posts, read 30,629,268 times
Quote:
I wouldn't want my child in a situation where they have to deal with jackhole administrators like this or feel that if he makes a mistake, he will be punished like this.
We as adults deal with these types of people in the real world everyday. We as adults take crap like this daily in the real world and we deal with. People who don't, end up a job hopers. Dealing with things like is how we climb the ladders. Ask anyone who is successful in what they do, They will tell you of the failures, opportunities, that pointed them in the right direction. Many of us who deal in business have to deal with being wrong (even though we know we're right). This is not a perfect world.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,216,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Well tomorrow I will call a lawyer and see what we can do. Havent gotten a new letter from the principal as I was supposed to. She was supposed to remove willfully from his report ( know she tore the old one up), so i guess she will ahve to pass this letter thru legal first.
Hate to do it ; really i dont want to. But I also want my son to figure out that he can make a difference and can stand up for what is wrong. Of course now the principal says the sink wasnt loose ; speaking to an adult who went to that school, she said they were loose when she was there!! Every single child has said they were loose. Do I believe about 12 kids or the principal?

What a lying piece of crap.

Old 11-01-2010, 05:48 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,754,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
It will also teach him to let people crap on him and just take it.

The school is WRONG. If this was my child, I would pull him out of the school immediately and explain to him that they were abusing their "authority" and punishing him when he did nothing wrong yet don't punish other students who do wrong. I would explain that what he did was careless (especially since the sink was loose) but it didn't deserve a 3 day suspension.

I wouldn't want my child in a situation where they have to deal with jackhole administrators like this or feel that if he makes a mistake, he will be punished like this. I also wouldn't want to pay someone $6K/year to treat my child like this.

I agree with you but it is the middle of the school year. How much harm will it do to his education? I say wait to mid terms.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:05 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,441,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nevets View Post
I agree with you but it is the middle of the school year. How much harm will it do to his education? I say wait to mid terms.

It's not going to harm his education in any way. I'm sure if he goes to a different parochial school, they will be learning the same things. If not, they will only be a short bit ahead or behind and he will have no problem getting on track.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post

Are you kidding? Hiring a lawyer for what??? To make sure the principal takes the word "willfully" out of her report??? WHO CARES??? That changes nothing at all. Your son is still missing 3 days of school because of this principal's lack of common sense.

Your son isn't going to figure anything out by you hiring (and paying a lot of money for) an attorney. He's not going to see you "making a difference" (because you're not) or "standing up for what's right" (yo're not) You'll be paying close to 2K for what? It's not going to change the fact that your son missed 3 school days for nothing.

Want to show him how to stand up for what's right and how to make a difference?? Take your money and go elsewhere. It's that simple. Tell the school and the diocese you don't pay $6k/year for nonsense like this and bring your son and your checkbook to a different parochial school.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM

1,919 posts, read 5,754,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
It's not going to harm his education in any way. I'm sure if he goes to a different parochial school, they will be learning the same things. If not, they will only be a short bit ahead or behind and he will have no problem getting on track.
You know more than I do. I have no kids but isn't it a process to find and secure the right school? Do private schools accept students in the middle of the year?

Old 11-01-2010, 06:57 PM

It's not a long process. All you have to do is look online or look in the phone book. Will a parochial school accept a student in the middle of the school year?? Of course they will!!! They're all hurting for tuition money and they will accept students any time of the year. What if a family was just moving here from a different state? The child would have to attend school.

I have no idea where Dorothy lives, but I'm sure there are plenty of parochial schools close to her where she can send her son. Or, better yet, public school where he will get a more well-rounded education and where they have zero tolerance and mete out punishment equally and fairly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island