Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 PM

22 posts, read 104,977 times

Advertisements

I have a single Family house in Farmingville, NY. I have month to Month rental lease, the tenants are not DSS renter, they moved in July20, 2010. 3 adults tenants and 2 signed on the lease. I got a call this morning from tony (the tenant), he told me his co-worker (another tenant) had a heart attack, and he won't be able pay the rent on time this month. but tony will pay his portion. what should I do? which court should I go if I have to start a eviction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 11:03 AM

22 posts, read 104,977 times
Default Wyandanch Landlords beware Future renters

Mr. Rodney Davidson Date of Birth: January 1, 1965
Feb 3, 2011. PL 155.25 .00 A misdemeanor, 1 count , arrest charge. Arraignment charge. Description: Pettit Larceny
Feb 3, 2011, PL 221.05 00 Violation, 1 Count, Arrest charge, Arraignment Charge. Description: Unlaw Poss Marihuana
3/29/2010 Pled Guilty PL 120.14 01 Menacing
3/29/2010 pled guilty PL 165.40.00 Criminal Possession of stolen property
10/04/2001 Pled guilty PL 140.35.00 Possession of burglar tools

He said that he grow up in Wyandanch. he will be evicted soon. and they will looking for rental in Wyandanch school district again.they know the system every well. landlord MUST BEWARE.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:47 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
For farmingville ; go to the court house in Patchogue. They hear the landlord cases on weds ; every weds. But you may not be able to get this weds as its too soon.

For our tenant, the case was adjourned by her, then adjourned because of snow. Finally last friday the judge heard it and gave me the warrant to evict, the judgement and the possession. She has until tomorrow to leave. Will she ; wont she ; that is the $10,000 question. I am pressuming she wont.

Watch out for a tenant called Tara Smith. She has 5 kids. She will never ever pay her portion on time, nor will she ever fix anything and yet it will always be your fault.

Old 03-23-2011, 04:28 PM

1 posts, read 2,961 times
I went to court last week when I received a court order for eviction, told the judge i will pay next week I am not able to come up with the money during that time frame. How do I get an extention

Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 AM

654 posts, read 2,119,738 times
You don't get an extention, RON!!! Do you realize that by not paying your rent that you are possibly causing hardship on the landlord? Landlords have bills to pay just like everyone else and you may be causing them to fall short. If you do file for an extention once you pay it I suggest that you start looking for a more affordable place to live. Not being able to pay your rent obviously is causing some stress in your life that you do not need as well as stress to the landlord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron s View Post
I went to court last week when I received a court order for eviction, told the judge i will pay next week I am not able to come up with the money during that time frame. How do I get an extention

Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM

108 posts, read 295,542 times
My mother also has a tenant that she wants out, they do paid the rent on time. But the noise is unbearable and for some reason they just won't move, each time they would reply we are looking but it has been like 7 months already. My mother would also like to kick them out.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:28 AM

311 posts, read 1,019,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypp View Post
My mother also has a tenant that she wants out, they do paid the rent on time. But the noise is unbearable and for some reason they just won't move, each time they would reply we are looking but it has been like 7 months already. My mother would also like to kick them out.
Is the apartment your mother is renting legal or illegal? If illegal....good luck with that!

If legal, then: If your mom's tenants have a lease there is not much she can do until the lease runs out....except for call the cops about the noise. If there is no lease, then on the day she picks up rent next she should give them an official 30 day notice to move out. If after 30 days they haven't moved, your mom can start the eviction process.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:58 PM

108 posts, read 295,542 times
Hey, thanks for the reply

Is legal but I think if she begin her eviction process I'm afraid the rent will immediately stop. I'm curious lets say a teneant doesn't move out, how long can this process goes. I mean is hard for anyone to provide rent forever.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:17 AM

311 posts, read 1,019,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypp View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply

Is legal but I think if she begin her eviction process I'm afraid the rent will immediately stop. I'm curious lets say a teneant doesn't move out, how long can this process goes. I mean is hard for anyone to provide rent forever.
Do your mom's tenants have a lease? Assuming no....1st your mom has to give 30 day notice to vacate. Then she has to go file with the courts for an eviction hearing. Assuming she wins that, they have 72 hours to get out. Assuming they dont move out, she has to contact the sheriff's office to have them remove the belongings. That can take a few weeks. But legally, that is the only way to do it.

If they do have the lease, and are paying rent, then your mom really cant do much until the lease runs out. If the noise is that bad she can call the cops...but good luck there.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:21 AM

2 posts, read 3,246 times
My daughter has moved in and doesn't pay all thrent for one year now and the house is being detroyed. I have invested alot of money into the property and she doesn't seem to manage her family well. My brand new bedroom set has been opened and used without my permission and detroyed. I have sent to FSL for help with her rent and they refused to help her several times even social services. My daughter lied to me when she moved in from Ga and never paid me security or the first months rent. Now she owes me over 8,000 plus a brand new bedroom set costing 3,000. I need to start an evictions right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island