Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM

63 posts, read 163,369 times

Advertisements

Lombardi's on the Bay in Patchgue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 11:50 AM

157 posts, read 456,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Three questions to better make recommendations:

approximately when (time of year)

how many guests

budget pp

Late Spring Early Summer 2011

Guests: 150-160

Budget: Hoping for $15,000 - $20,000 (including reception area, food, maybe even the cake and such). Not including Wedding clothing, invitations and such.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:38 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,112,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonylongisland View Post

Budget: Hoping for $15,000 - $20,000
(including reception area, food, maybe even the cake and such). Not including Wedding clothing, invitations and such.
Dude 100 per head= Football wedding on LI.

Drop some guests or up your budget.

MP Inn is a pretty good value, but not that good

Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 PM

127 posts, read 634,045 times
We booked our wedding about 6 months ago at Giorgio's in Baiting Hollow (LIE exit 71). We also wanted a water view, and while Giorgio's doesn't have that exactly, the setting (at the top of a hill overlooking a golf course and vineyards) and the place itself are gorgeous (check their web site for pictures) and the food is very good.

Note that day/time will have a big impact on your price. We also looked at Lombardi's in Port Jefferson (which wound up being the runner up), Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst (nice and good food but my fiancee didn't like the location... sigh), West Sayville Country Club (a little bit run down but VERY inexpensive and food is supposed to be good, didn't end up trying it), East Wind (nice but just didn't "wow" us), Riviera in Massapequa (reminded us a bit too much of a ski lodge and didn't like the staff we met with)... I'm sure I'm missing some. Keep in mind that price can vary depending upon day/time. We're having a Sunday wedding, and every one of the places I've mentioned quoted us less than $100 a person, in some cases quite a bit less.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babadi View Post
We booked our wedding about 6 months ago at Giorgio's in Baiting Hollow (LIE exit 71). We also wanted a water view, and while Giorgio's doesn't have that exactly, the setting (at the top of a hill overlooking a golf course and vineyards) and the place itself are gorgeous (check their web site for pictures) and the food is very good.

Note that day/time will have a big impact
on your price. We also looked at Lombardi's in Port Jefferson (which wound up being the runner up), Chateau La Mer in Lindenhurst (nice and good food but my fiancee didn't like the location... sigh), West Sayville Country Club (a little bit run down but VERY inexpensive and food is supposed to be good, didn't end up trying it), East Wind (nice but just didn't "wow" us), Riviera in Massapequa (reminded us a bit too much of a ski lodge and didn't like the staff we met with)... I'm sure I'm missing some. Keep in mind that price can vary depending upon day/time. We're having a Sunday wedding, and every one of the places I've mentioned quoted us less than $100 a person, in some cases quite a bit less.
That will have every impact. but if recent quotes are around 100 (even on b times)how the mighty have fallen.

I stand corrected and Giorgios does a good job.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:08 AM

745 posts, read 1,500,200 times
Quote:

Budget: Hoping for $15,000 - $20,000 (including reception area, food, maybe even the cake and such). Not including Wedding clothing, invitations and such.
Look at the Shoreham Country Club. It has the most beautiful view of the LI sound and Mirabelle restaurant does all of the catering.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Look at the Shoreham Country Club. It has the most beautiful view of the LI sound and Mirabelle restaurant does all of the catering.
Seconded

Old 11-15-2010, 09:41 AM

721 posts, read 1,560,286 times
I went to a wedding at the Shoreham CC last summer. It was awesome. The food was not catered by Mirabelle though. The only thing is that it is a small venue and it can get crowded if you plan a big wedding. My friends had a live band and the dance floor was small due to all of the tables. But for a smaller wedding, it is really lovely.
Coindre Hall, Thatched Cottage are also nice. Love the wineries out east too.
Sunday weddings are cheaper than Saturday.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner+2 View Post
I went to a wedding at the Shoreham CC last summer. It was awesome. The food was not catered by Mirabelle though. The only thing is that it is a small venue and it can get crowded if you plan a big wedding. My friends had a live band and the dance floor was small due to all of the tables. But for a smaller wedding, it is really lovely.
Coindre Hall, Thatched Cottage are also nice. Love the wineries out east too.
Sunday weddings are cheaper than Saturday.
The deck and surrounds are enormous and private. Id say 150 would be the max.
Same with MP Inn.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 AM

6 posts, read 21,948 times
Quote:

I would recommend looking into afternoons or sundays to keep in that, Spring and Summer tend to be peak hours for LI reception halls. For places that do one wedding at a time, the prices (from what I found when I was looking) tended to be a little higher.

A lot of the places on Long Island include the wedding cake in the cost of the hall. With 150-160, some of the halls may be willing to lower the cost per person, but you still have to factor in taxes and service charge on any quote you get. It is possible to find a hall for 100 or less per person in the Spring/Summer, but you may need to find somewhere that works for you that may or may not have one wedding at a time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island