Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM

2 posts, read 3,317 times

Advertisements

I'm quite interested in buying a new construction and found a recently renovated two family construction in Island Park, NY. The renovations were done in early 2010 and were significiant. The contractor is Nassau Builders and most people I've talked to say good things 'bout this construction company. So I just checked Nassau county property assessment website for the current assessed value and property tax bill. The assessment and value currently reflect the old house, condition and amenities. The house is listed by the realtor for 479,000 the assessed value is approx 382K, market value 400K, property and school tax bill of approx 6.5K....I don't know what's the island park village tax...I have to call the town...but I'm guessing it's 2500/yr.

I'm curious how do I accuately verify the tax implications for both Nassau and the village? I'm trying to take an average of other houses with similar amenities but I really want an accurate number.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: