Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 07:12 AM

7,658 posts, read 19,123,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Fan View Post
Thank you Prag and noupf! I couldn't agree more! Crooks and I go back a long way and he loves to get the last word in. I dont thinks he's ever been to Riverhead. Right Crooks! I'll bet many believe Miller Place is a much better District simply because its all white. Sad but true. I find it amusing that some need to diminish other towns and school districts (not just riverhead) because god forbid thier isn't the best. I purposely tested this theory by simply posting some factual achievements and instead of positive comments about our kids it's alway some negative perception or hearsay. I say to anyone to come out and see for yourself. I'm glad I did!
Yes we do lol.
Nope not White...just better.
Test scores are stubborn things.

Im fairly certain Longwood is better than Riverhead with a very similar makeup.

Theres a reason why the SWR side of WR commands a premium.
Im glad to hear things are improving.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 AM

FWIW
Baiting Hollow is DEFINITELY a great place to retire.

Its on our short list if we stay.
Depends lol.

Crooks

Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,744,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
FWIW
Baiting Hollow is DEFINITELY a great place to retire.

Its on our short list if we stay.
Depends lol.

Crooks
Please, you know you have no intentions of ever leaving sacred El Pointh O Rocks....although agreed BH is beautiful and would be a huge step up.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydsavaged View Post
Please, you know you have no intentions of ever leaving sacred El Pointh O Rocks....although agreed BH is beautiful and would be a huge step up.
Depends again on what areath ; ) but it would be like moving South schools wise.
(Both are definitely better than your sacred Floyd Harbour/Tangiers/Squirrely lol)

I do like BH, I'd definitely retire there.
Lets hope it stays that way.

Crooks

Old 05-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Depends again on what areath ; ) but it would be like moving South schools wise.
(Both are definitely better than your sacred Floyd Harbour/Tangiers/Squirrely lol)

I do like BH, I'd definitely retire there.
Lets hope it stays that way.

Crooks
For the millionth and a half time - when have I ever defended/say I liked Shirley? It's a complete and utter Sh1t hole.

And no I would have to say that anywhere in Baiting Hallow is nicer than Rickity Pinty

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
For the millionth and a half time - when have I ever defended/say I liked Shirley? It's a complete and utter Sh1t hole.

And no I would have to say that anywhere in Baiting Hallow is nicer than Rickity Pinty
Maybe...theres some nice spots in both but Schools do count in any RE investment.

BTW I thought you left Floyd Harbor for Oakdale/Sayville?

Crooks

Old 05-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Maybe...theres some nice spots in both but Schools do count in any RE investment.

BTW I thought you left Floyd Harbor for Oakdale/Sayville?

Crooks
Yeah because I'm made of money and can just pick up and buy a house somewhere triple as expensive

Where on earth do you get your information from.

PS - why would I move to Sayville when hundreds of 1 bdrm bungalows await me in the sacred land of elth rockieth pointa

Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 AM

46 posts, read 101,179 times
Crooks.....thanks for the greatschools link.....however the most recent review was three years ago and was highly favorable. Any negative review was almost 10 years ago. I'll be sure to add an up to date review for people who actually give wieght to such a site. I'd have to say that 17 reviews for a district with 5K students wouldn't hold much credability for me but what the heck do I know. :P

Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah because I'm made of money and can just pick up and buy a house somewhere triple as expensive

Where on earth do you get your information from.

PS - why would I move to Sayville when hundreds of 1 bdrm bungalows await me in the sacred land of elth rockieth pointa
Im sorry you chose poorly.
; )
I thought you were made of money lol.
Seriously, I thought you said you were looking to the West.

Crooks

Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH Fan View Post
Crooks.....thanks for the greatschools link.....however the most recent review was three years ago and was highly favorable. Any negative review was almost 10 years ago. I'll be sure to add an up to date review for people who actually give wieght to such a site. I'd have to say that 17 reviews for a district with 5K students wouldn't hold much credability for me but what the heck do I know. :P
Okey Dokey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island