Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2010, 03:33 PM

39 posts, read 266,649 times

Advertisements

I got an expired inspection ticket a month back (it was expired for 3 days) while i was away on a month long business trip. Im guilty i know that, i was just wondering what the fines were in Nassau county?

If anyone has any experience in this it'd be very helpful, as i either have to go to court tomorrow or pay it
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,719,241 times
Type "fine expired registration nassau county" into google.com -- if you're feeling frisky, click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button.

I did it for you just to see what the penalty from Big Bro is these days and found this> NYS DMV - Vehicle Safety, Inspection, Repairs and Dealers (http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/vehsafe.htm - broken link)

Quote:
Is there a penalty if I do not get an inspection?

You cannot renew your vehicle registration. Inspection stations electronically send a record of all emissions inspections to the DMV. The DMV must have a record that your vehicle passed an emissions inspection during the previous year. Keep the receipt of your emissions inspection sticker to prove that your vehicle was inspected.

You can receive a fine. If the inspection sticker on your vehicle has expired in the past 60 days, you can receive a fine of $25 to $50. If the inspection sticker is expired more than 60 days, the fine is between $50 and $100. If there is no inspection sticker, the fine is between $50 and $100. Mandatory state surcharges of $55, plus additional fees, are added to the fine.
You can receive a parking ticket. A parked vehicle with no inspection sticker, or with an expired inspection sticker, can receive a parking ticket.

Old 11-11-2010, 04:09 PM

39 posts, read 266,649 times
ooo thats not that bad. My buddy at the office told me it would be 180. but 50 i can just pay over the phone i hope

Old 01-04-2011, 05:44 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,633,893 times
Be glad you aren't up here in Dutchess County. Darned Rent a Cop just gave my spouse one tonight-it's got a $250 fine with it. It expired on the last day of December. Couldn't get into the shop til tomorrow-they ran out of stickers for the end of December and with the holiday-they were closed til Monday. So add the $55 surcharge too. Cop was driving through a grocery store parking lot looking for expired registrations and inspection stickers.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,792,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingMom View Post
Be glad you aren't up here in Dutchess County. Darned Rent a Cop just gave my spouse one tonight-it's got a $250 fine with it. It expired on the last day of December. Couldn't get into the shop til tomorrow-they ran out of stickers for the end of December and with the holiday-they were closed til Monday. So add the $55 surcharge too. Cop was driving through a grocery store parking lot looking for expired registrations and inspection stickers.
Aren't your inspections just $10 as opposed to $35 for us within the 5 boroughs & LI? That would be making up for 10 years of inspections.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:28 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,633,893 times
Our inspections are $21. Plus our registrations are now through the roof. For my 2500 HD Silverado(2004) Crew Cab with Commercial vanity plate(I am forced to be commerical because of the weight)-with MTA tax and now our road use tax-it was $290 to register it for 2 years. Believe me-it's not much cheaper to live here in Dutchess anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island