Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:52 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,751,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I think most of Nassau is still one of the best places to live. But at least 25% (and growing rapidly) is no longer inhabitable. Suffolk may be just as bad. What areas in C. Brookhaven did I miss that are experiencing this?
Coram, Gordon Heights, Patcghogue, Middle Island, N. Bellport. They are also entering PJS, Centereach and Farmingville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 08:53 AM

302 posts, read 959,103 times
That video was a disguting display of ignorance and it's the reality of our future if we do nothing about it. Maybe the housing market collapse and recession will force some of them back down south or far south (mexico) where they belong. Although it could also breed more of these animals as the poverty rate rises. Just my 2cents.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:58 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,679,454 times
Who cares..let them kill each other.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 AM

1,919 posts, read 5,751,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post

I agree but the concern is that this might seep into neighboring towns. That seems to be the concern for towns like Merrick.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:59 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,936,755 times
You can only confine them in a certain area for so long. That disease slowly spreads, trust me

Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,587,065 times
Sad but true. As long as the government ties the hands of law enforcement these brazen gang members will continue to grow and spread their insidious roots all over.

20+ years ago, my friend on the CHP and his brethren were given instructions on what to look for, who to pull over. Orders were rescinded because they had the appearance of racial profiling. Take a look at the skell belonging to these gangs. The are getting over on us using the PC police.

It's a shame when schools instruct children on what not to wear to school because there is a gang issue in the neighboring community. It happened last year in Ward Melville -- PJS is a stone's throw from the school.

Old 11-16-2010, 10:33 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,660,463 times
The PC movement is destroying this nation, it's time to let the pendulum swing back towards center and let common sense rule.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,723,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDtech123 View Post
That video was a disguting display of ignorance and it's the reality of our future if we do nothing about it. Maybe the housing market collapse and recession will force some of them back down south or far south (mexico) where they belong. Although it could also breed more of these animals as the poverty rate rises. Just my 2cents.
It's hard to do anything when the corporations/hijacked gov are running the show. OB wants amnesty for 30 Million illegals; including the element described on LI.
Remember this when you go to the polls:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6qOtpNochU

Old 11-16-2010, 12:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,723,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I wish it were that simple. But like 1nevets said, it spreads to vulnerable nearby towns and their numbers seem to be exploding. Plus it increases our taxes supporting the convicted murderers in prison for the rest of their lives. We already have enough trouble supporting the lavish pensions in NYS, this adds more of a burden on us.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,202,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Thanks to oblivious, brain-washed residents and lax I.C.E. enforcement, Long Island now harbors the 4th largest MS-13 population in the country [est 4000+ members and growing rapidly in: Freeport, Hempstead, Uniondale, Roosevelt, Glen Cove, New Cassel, Westbury, Elmont, Wyandanch, Brentwood, Central Islip, Deer Park, Huntington Station]. Once they take over an area, it's finished. That is their 'turf' now and not even the NCPD/SCPD will bring it back.

WTF is going on here?? 'MS-13' and 'Blood' tags spray on walls and people don't give a damn nor do they find anything wrong with it. Are people really that blind? The areas above used to be livable areas for the most part. Now they are becoming overrun with illegals and incubators for gangs to spread like a vicious cancer through LI. My feeling is the Bloods & Crips will eventually go back to their roots and follow through with their original mission (which was originally about peace, not violence). But def not MS-13. Their mission involves war, violence, blood, power, taking over territories.

I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of the "politically correct" crowd constantly defending illegals and attacking anyone who has a problem with it. Well I do have a problem. I blame the media, our education system, radical left wing liberalism, our lax enforcement of illegal immigration laws. I mean c'mon, I try to fly interstate in my own country and I get swabbed, DNA tested, naked body scanned, frisked, my junk groped, my belongings searched, my kids touched and groped by some perv at the airport...Meanwhile mexican coyotes allover the border can manage to smuggle in hundreds of thousands of illegals a DAY with NO Problem whatsoever!

WTF is this country coming to?! I'm starting to think 'hotkarl' may be onto something... Maybe there is no hope left and we need to move out to 2000 acre farms to live peacefully. Get used to these words, "Mara Salvatrucha", "Bloods", "Crips", "Latin Kings", "Murder, Death, Kill, Gang initiation" on the news...because that is what our future holds.

People need to wake the hell up. Everyone seems to be in a daze...All everyone thinks about is Yankees, Jets, Coke, Facebook, Giants, Sports, American Idol, keeping up with the Jones'es, pimped out rides,...meanwhile our great home of LI is being taken over by illegals while we sit by and do nothing. Lord help us when we experience a dose of 'martial law' (and it will happen at some point in our lives), because you know what..."they" are organized by the thousands now. We wouldn't stand a chance.

--END RANT--
Great rant!

As I've said before, there IS something we can do in our communities, which is limit housing opportunities for them. If they have nowhere to live here, they will go away.

This means we need to get serious about opposing slumlords who turn single-family homes into unlicensed and untaxed boarding houses. Straighten this out and where will the vipers nest?

I have said it before and I will say it again, the Village of Valley Stream doesn't play that ... to the point where all cars need to be parked in the driveways overnight. When there is a community watching over the QOL issues, the slumlords consider it a "bad investment." Outsiders will make fun of Valley Stream as being too "Queens-like" and if a person doesn't want to live here, then fine, that's their choice, but I consider this a plus that other supposedly "better" communities don't have.

All the Towns on Long Island need to step up their enforcement and the penalties for slumlords. Note Wilson Milord, the infamous landlord who kept on renting a single-family house that was split up into multiple illegal apartments after it had been condemned and after the utilities, including heat, were turned off. The Town in Suffolk his rental property was in fined him, but the fines were very small so he kept on doing it. Finally tragedy struck with a heater which killed some of the tenants (including a little girl) with carbon monoxide poisoning. What happened to Wilson Milord? A very short jail sentence. People are dead and he barely has to spend time in jail. Meanwhile he is still a wealthy man from his slumlording, so I am sure it was worth it to him.

Take a look at this housing ad:

Looking for a Nice House to live in? (http://longisland.craigslist.org/roo/2019829145.html - broken link)

Looking for a Nice House to live in? (Levittown)

Quote:
I have a 5 bedroom house with 3 bedrooms left available for rent. Currently there is a 25/m and a 23/m (brothers) living here. The house is immaculate and has W/D, fireplace, 2 bathrooms, once a month cleaning service and plenty of common areas. We would like you to come look at the house for yourself. There are no pets allowed. Thank You.

blacksmith rd
Here is a budding slumlord ... just throwing various people into the bedrooms of a single-family home. If homeowners want to legitimately rent out rooms to boarders, don't they have to also live in the house? This is a disaster in the making for the rest of the residents of Blacksmith Rd. in Levittown and a precursor to the budding slumlord becoming an experienced slumlord learning s/he can make even more money by turning the single-family home into a full-fledged flophouse instead of limiting their income to 1 tenant per room.

If Long Island works on this issue, we can clear up the illegal alien and gangbanger problem because if they have nowhere to live, it will be necessary for them to leave. Gangbangers and illegal aliens pick up and move all the time when their housing dries up, so if they find a place that is "soft" they will doubly and triply infest the area. We cannot afford to be "soft" so slumlords can collect much more rent than they are legitimately entitled to by harboring illegal aliens and gang members at the risk of the rest of the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island