Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,727,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephM View Post
Amityville-Athena's. AWESOME Greek food! The giouvetsi is just like my Ya Ya used to make!
A gem. You would think you were in Astoria eating here. They need to expand the menu.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 10:09 PM

732 posts, read 1,730,868 times
Quote:
I had horrible pizza there! Del Fiore in Patchogue is awesome
Delfiore is good but I think they've lost a step since moving next to the theater.

One of my favorite pizza places is Amore Pizza in Bay Shore.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:24 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,099,898 times
Quote:
I had horrible pizza there! Del Fiore in Patchogue is awesome
What are you the owner of Del Fiore? Well i'm not the owner or an employee of Colosseo but I can tell you that I have eaten at both and Del Fiore doesn't hold a candle to Colosseo's. Let me guess, you like Dominos and Papa Johns too?

Old 12-08-2010, 07:35 AM

732 posts, read 1,730,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
What are you the owner of Del Fiore? Well i'm not the owner or an employee of Colosseo but I can tell you that I have eaten at both and Del Fiore doesn't hold a candle to Colosseo's. Let me guess, you like Dominos and Papa Johns too?
Del Fiore is good in its own right, no need to call it Papa John's or Dominos.

Colosseo is the one in the Meat Farms shopping center in Port Jeff, right? I had it once, and it wasn't bad, it just wasn't "OMG, the best." There aren't many places that can live up to the hype like that.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,099,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
Del Fiore is good in its own right, no need to call it Papa John's or Dominos.

Colosseo is the one in the Meat Farms shopping center in Port Jeff, right? I had it once, and it wasn't bad, it just wasn't "OMG, the best." There aren't many places that can live up to the hype like that.
Sorry if I came off a little over the top but I have had both. Unfortunately Del Fiore tasted liked cardboard to me and the toppings didn't taste fresh. My suggestion...go to Colosseo and get a large pie with meatball and get back to me.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:27 AM

745 posts, read 1,501,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
OMG, how did you know, Dominoes is my favorite! Authentic Italian food doesn't hold a candle to it.

Del Fiore is my favorite-Colosseo was nothing special, sorry. Although Del Fiore has gotten a bit worse since moving its location it is still good pizza. Their stuffed garlic knots are heaven.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:48 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,727,320 times
Nice fairly new spot in E. Massapequa, Three Amigos Mexican Grill.. tacos/mini-wraps are a little pricey but the burritos/enchiladas are priced right.. the steak burritos/mini-wraps are seasoned perfectly, everythings fresh, steak has almost no heat & double the meat vs other places.. tastes like/better than a skirt steak or sirloin you'd grill up at home. Very friendly crew/stafff.. I would return.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:34 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,123,656 times
Quote:
OMG, how did you know, Dominoes is my favorite! Authentic Italian food doesn't hold a candle to it.

Del Fiore is my favorite-Colosseo was nothing special, sorry. Although Del Fiore has gotten a bit worse since moving its location it is still good pizza. Their stuffed garlic knots are heaven.
Now we know you work for Delfiore ; )

Old 12-11-2010, 06:40 PM

6,382 posts, read 13,108,348 times
Just had Bubba's Burrito Bar in Islip on Main street...it made my tongue smack my eyebrows! Mmmmm.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:59 AM

2,622 posts, read 3,394,935 times
I don’t know how well known or unknown these restaurants/eateries are. I often tend to prefer eating in “all-you-can-eat” buffet restaurants. Most of them are Chinese-based. Here are some that I used to patronize when I last lived out in Long Island (during 2009):

1) ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT CHINESE BUFFET:
a) Good Taste Buffet, 200 West Jericho Turnpike, Commack, NY 11787 (located in the Mayfair Shopping Center)
b) Sunrise Buffet, 72 East Main Street, Bay Shore, NY 11706 (located in the heart of downtown Bay Shore)
c) China Grand Buffet, 201 Airport Plaza Blvd., Farmingdale, NY 11735 (along Broadhollow Road/Route 110 in a big shopping center)
d) New Grand Buffet, 1704 Veterans Hwy, Islandia, NY 11749 (in a big shopping center)
2) ITALIAN:
a) La Scalia Restaurant & Pizzeria, 34 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Commack, NY 11725 (in the Waldbaum’s Shooping Center)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island