Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:30 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,105,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Anyone ever try Wing Wan Kosher Chinese Restaurant at 248 Hempstead Avenue in West Hempstead?
Any good?

BTW

I just went to Zans
recently and its gotten better.

Pastrami was excellent.portions were ok
Zan's Kosher Deli - Lake Grove, NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 04:41 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,720,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I have no desire to talk RP or Da' P Pman. GPS is just flogging a dead horse, I retired as cheerleader, I assure you I'm only on D these days.

Back on topic I do agree.Smokin Als is awesome and another gem in the area I really enjoyed is the Wantagh Inn
Wantagh Inn and heres another in Babylon Babylon Fish and Clam, Babylon Village

Crooks
I hear ya C. I get a chuckle out of it sometimes, maybe I'm here too much and it lost its magic for me.

It's a good battle, I think too close to call. You guys should get your own thread GPS vs Crooks.. if I was the ref though, I wouldve taken - minus 1 pt for the low blow against Mrs/Ms GPS

Old 11-21-2010, 05:14 PM

7,880 posts, read 9,073,872 times
Il Cantone in Franklin Square. Their buffalo chicken roll is addictive.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:17 PM

63 posts, read 149,413 times
I love Sakura in Babylon Village for sushi. It's across from Kotobuki, which has been raved about plenty of times, but is not worth the hour/two hour wait. I like Sakura better.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
I hear ya C. I get a chuckle out of it sometimes, maybe I'm here too much and it lost its magic for me.

It's a good battle, I think too close to call. You guys should get your own thread GPS vs Crooks.. if I was the ref though, I wouldve taken - minus 1 pt for the low blow against Mrs/Ms GPS
Fair enough but taking a swing at a guys business like that is equally below the belt.

Gracies is a really nice little eatery with a great reputation thats weathering a really tough recession right now.(Like many independent restaurants on LI.)It doesent need any ignorant distortions kicking it in shins.Especially when its a backhanded slap designed to flame or advance a tired and long incorrect stereotype.

I got no beef with GPS or his take on RP.I generally chuckle but I know the guys at Gracies and theyre good people running a good family business with delicious food.

Having family in both communities, as Ive said before, RP and Pequa have more in common than not and Im pretty sure Gps spots it too as he spends more time here.

Remember one mans Camaro is another mans Axe body spray and Gracies is an innocent victim in all this.

Ive offered my apologies.

Peace,

Crooks

Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,460,318 times
Upscale:
Para Belle, Patchogue
Long Island Grill, Lake Ronkonkoma

BBQ:
Smokin' Als, Bay Shore
Bob-E-Ques, Patchogue

Italian:
Cafe Amici's, Rocky Point (?)

Heros:
TJ's Heros, Patchogue

Chinese:
Chan's Chinese (hole in the wall), Lake Ronkonkoma [Order the Gen. Tso's Chicken EXTRA SPICEY]

Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Upscale:
Para Belle, Patchogue
Long Island Grill, Lake Ronkonkoma

BBQ:
Smokin' Als, Bay Shore
Bob-E-Ques, Patchogue

Italian:
Cafe Amici's, Rocky Point (?)

Heros:
TJ's Heros, Patchogue

Chinese:
Chan's Chinese (hole in the wall), Lake Ronkonkoma [Order the Gen. Tso's Chicken EXTRA SPICEY]
How is Bobbque
Heard good things.

Amici I think is Mt Sinai/Miller Place.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:25 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,460,318 times
Quote:
How is Bobbque
Heard good things.

Amici I think is Mt Sinai/Miller Place.
Smaller serving size but lower prices too, it evens out. More of a Southern/Blues feel. Foods good. Their Chili app is great! Since I live here its much easier to go out and hit BB's up then trek to Bayshore. They have like 110+ beers availible, which makes me happy. I get something new every time.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
Smaller serving size but lower prices too, it evens out. More of a Southern/Blues feel. Foods good. Their Chili app is great! Since I live here its much easier to go out and hit BB's up then trek to Bayshore. They have like 110+ beers availible, which makes me happy. I get something new every time.
Cool just made my shortlist to try.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:28 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,675,647 times
Quote:
Fair enough but taking a swing at a guys business like that is equally below the belt.

Gracies is a really nice little eatery with a great reputation thats weathering a really tough recession right now.(Like many independent restaurants on LI.)It doesent need any ignorant distortions kicking it in shins.Especially when its a backhanded slap designed to flame or advance a tired and long incorrect stereotype.

I got no beef with GPS or his take on RP.I generally chuckle but I know the guys at Gracies and theyre good people running a good family business with delicious food.
I never made a bad comment about Gracie's either in this thread or in others about RP. I enjoy Gracie's restaurant and have said so. However, I suspect you have never spent a couple of hours at their bar. You do notice it is entirely separate from the dining room and that is for more than ambiance and noise. I have spent time at that bar, I have met the owner/chef and drank with him. It is a paint coat layer above a dive bar. It's filled with locals who drink enough on a weekend, and probably during the week, to float the Titanic.

I think you need to embrace your area more than just defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island