Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2010, 09:08 PM

7 posts, read 11,795 times

Advertisements

Italian

Il Classico-Massapequa
Tesoro-Westbury--Amazing Italian Food, Fine Dining at reasonable price
Il Toscano--Douglaston (just before Great Neck)-Best Italian Restaraunt Period outside of NYC, fine dining, it will cost you though

SUSHI

Aji 53--Bayshore--My new Favorite--I believe top on Long Island--Highly Recomend--Loud environment--City Feel
Kotobuki--Babylon--My previous Favorite before Aji 53 opened--Quality is right there with Aji 53 without music
Shiki--Babylon, down the block from Kotobuki and always packed, you figure it out
Minami--Massapequa--You Tai show (of Massapequa) fans will be converted. Food Quality is much better than Tai Show, but not as fun a place, Tai Show is dear to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 09:36 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,123,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIconsultant View Post
Italian

Il Classico-Massapequa
Il Toscano--Douglaston (just before Great Neck)-Best Italian Restaraunt Period outside of NYC, fine dining, it will cost you though

SUSHI

Aji 53--Bayshore--My new Favorite--I believe top on Long Island--Highly Recomend--Loud environment--City Feel
Kotobuki--Babylon--My previous Favorite before Aji 53 opened--Quality is right there with Aji 53 without music
Shiki--Babylon, down the block from Kotobuki and always packed, you figure it out
Minami--Massapequa--You Tai show (of Massapequa) fans will be converted. Food Quality is much better than Tai Show, but not as fun a place, Tai Show is dear to me
Great food at Tesoro.

I recently went back to Lombardis in Middle Island wand was blown away by how good it was.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:24 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,464,004 times
Adding

Hatoke- Japanese Habachi in Smithtown.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:39 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,726,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIconsultant View Post
Italian

Il Classico-Massapequa

SUSHI

Good stuff, Il Classico is $$, not the best place to bring kids but good spot to splurge with the SO..I bet you'll run into GPSMA there ...
Another good Eye-Talian restaurant is Arturo's in Floral park.

Also Mercato in Massapequa Park is fun> Mercato Kitchen (http://www.mercatokitchen.com/homepage.htm - broken link)

Old 12-03-2010, 04:47 AM

78 posts, read 252,175 times
Two of our neighborhood favorites are JT's Cafe (great breakfast) and Maria's (Latin)-both on Smithtown Blvd. in Nesconset

Old 12-03-2010, 05:30 AM

3,686 posts, read 8,684,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequaman View Post
Good stuff, Il Classico is $$, not the best place to bring kids but good spot to splurge with the SO..I bet you'll run into GPSMA there ...
Another good Eye-Talian restaurant is Arturo's in Floral park.

Also Mercato in Massapequa Park is fun> Mercato Kitchen (http://www.mercatokitchen.com/homepage.htm - broken link)
Actually in all the years I have lived here I never ate at Il Classico. However, the dive bar next door to the restaurant use to be my haunt for many years.

I have heard that the restaurant is good...and, at one time, and not sure if it is the same, you could not go in their casually dressed. I suppose that was from the days when Massapequa was more Eye-Talian Wannabees. Now that the area is more culturally, ethnically, racially, and professionally diverse it probably is nothing more than a slum red sauce joint.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:44 PM

570 posts, read 1,211,391 times
Sal D's in Southdown Plaza in Huntington, Wall St.

Yummy Italian. Used to be Nina's many years ago.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:01 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,099,898 times
I have to agree 100% about Coloseos, best on long island that i've had. Another hidden gem would be the Far East Kitchen which is a take out chinese place in Miller Place but the food is excellent. Try the curry chicken or chicken fried rice and you'll agree. The dumplings at Szechuan Garden in PJS are also very good.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:47 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,498,293 times
Love Lane Diner...Mattituck

Old 12-06-2010, 08:19 AM

6,382 posts, read 13,108,348 times
Just 2 local spots off the top of my head...

BBQ- Smokin Al's - Mainstreet Bay Shore
Breakfast - Poppys' - Mainstreet Islip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island