Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:56 PM

311 posts, read 1,016,925 times

Advertisements

My son is 6 and in the 1st grade. When he got home today, I asked him about his day like I always do.

He told me his class watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving in class today. Can you believe that??? The audacity of a teacher showing a cartoon in class! I can assure you all that this is not being taken lightly by us.

Tomorrow I plan on contacting the principal of the school, the PTA, News 12, the CIA and FBI, the TSA, Consumer Reports, The National Enquirer, The Guardian Angels, Howie Mandel, Snoop Dog, and Penn and Teller.

This is an absolute outrage and completely unacceptable. With the exception of being shown Cinderella, I cannot think of anything more heinous than this.

On a side note, my son also told me his gym teacher took some naked pictures of him, but I can't worry about that right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 03:09 PM

3,122 posts, read 4,939,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucew View Post
My son is 6 and in the 1st grade. When he got home today, I asked him about his day like I always do.

He told me his class watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving in class today. Can you believe that??? The audacity of a teacher showing a cartoon in class! I can assure you all that this is not being taken lightly by us.

Tomorrow I plan on contacting the principal of the school, the PTA, News 12, the CIA and FBI, the TSA, Consumer Reports, The National Enquirer, The Guardian Angels, Howie Mandel, Snoop Dog, and Penn and Teller.

This is an absolute outrage and completely unacceptable. With the exception of being shown Cinderella, I cannot think of anything more heinous than this.

On a side note, my son also told me his gym teacher took some naked pictures of him, but I can't worry about that right now.

lol, don't you know all gym teachers on L.I. are masculine lesbians

Old 11-22-2010, 03:22 PM

94 posts, read 255,115 times
I like the Christmas one better, we all sit down to watch that one and the Halloween one.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:31 PM

12,769 posts, read 18,304,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac1122 View Post
I like the Christmas one better, we all sit down to watch that one and the Halloween one.
"Flashbeagle" is the best one!!

Old 11-22-2010, 03:42 PM

929 posts, read 2,063,057 times
Quote:

OMG, Did you talk to your son about how he felt about the movie for 3 hours? Did you have him write you a report comparing and contrasting the main protagonists? Did you draw him a flow chart to explain that Pig Pen isn't a "scrub," just hygenically challenged. What is your problem? You sir/ma'am/wizard/canine have failed your child and not living up to your part of the socio-educational contract of Long Island. Yeah, the one that says you pay all the taxes, but if the kid becomes a garbage man, it's your fault.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:01 PM
gag

683 posts, read 1,417,314 times
I'd call the police about the gym teacher instead of "not worrying about that later," and calling everyone else about Charlie Brown, who I guess had all his clothes on.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:09 PM

732 posts, read 1,730,868 times
Quote:
WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH. WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH.

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH. WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH??? WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH! WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.
WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH. WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.

WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH, WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH WAH.
I agree with you, Mr. brucew!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:44 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,609,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
lol, don't you know all gym teachers on L.I. are masculine lesbians
Is that what Peppermint Patty became when she grew up?

Old 11-22-2010, 05:59 PM

311 posts, read 1,016,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Is that what Peppermint Patty became when she grew up?
I would think Marcie, because she was obsessed with Peppermint Pattie and called her sir

Old 11-22-2010, 06:08 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,609,717 times
Quote:
I would think Marcie, because she was obsessed with Peppermint Pattie and called her sir
At one point both PP and Marcie had admitted to having a crush on Charlie Brown. Personally, I think that was their cover. Peppermint Patty was the boy in their relationship, hence, "Sir."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island